INFOSYS PAPER ON 17th APRIL AT NOIDA
Hello fellow friends and INFOSYS aspirants
i am "Ashish Kaushik" from "IEC college Gr. Noida" INFI was here at 17th of April 2007 i have been selected in the company, and wanna extend a helping hand to all of my fellow friends who are on the same/ or wanna be on the same side.. but before i start i would like to express my sincere regards and wana thank to all those friends/colleagues and seniors who always had their advices and moral building attitude to help me in preparing for my Placement..
"ALL THE VERY BEST MY FRIENDS ... KEEP UP THIS SPIRIT.. " NOW COMING TO THE TOPIC INFI and its procedure:::::
plz NOTE that there was NO NEGATIVE MARKING IN ANY OF THE TESTS INFI TOOK...SO ATTEMP FULLY
Step1: First of all there was a form given to us to fill.. it included all the details like Sem marks, 10th , 12th marks, working experience, address details etc etc.. u r given 30 mins to fill it correctly(especially the SEM aggregate Marks) and are Required to have a passport size photo along with it..
Step2: after the Form was filled we were given the Test Answer Sheet And Paper
test::1 APTITUDE AND REASONING..
The Paper Consisted Of 30 Questions (all one marks):::and time alloted was 45 min::::::
the paper consisted of the Following topics::
1. Data Interpretation:: 5 ques.
i advice u to prepare the pie chart(which came in my paper) and tabular chart Questions thorughly as they give good marks on a carefull observation
2. Logical Reasoning::5 Ques
It consisted of the PET syllogic Ques.. like 1. all Charts are Wire 2. all wires are frames and some conclusions were given
#Advice# use VENN Diagrams for solving them.. they ae faster and accurate.
3. Puzzles :: 5Ques
they consisted of Ques like A,B,C,D,E had a sum of money, the total was Rs.100
->>the total of money A+B had was equal to that of C+D..
>A had half the money B had, D has more money than C..
>> D has 5 more than B..
and Ques were like:: Who HAS THE MOST/LEAST AMOUNT OF MONEY
HOW MUCH MONEY DID ,c, HAVE... and three other (i dont rem exacxtly )
#ADVICE# do not attempt to solve fully .. in most cases "solving" is not as imp as "observation"
#ADVICE# TIME MANAGEMENT is the key resource to crack Infi exam
so try to observe Ques(not only this but all) Carefully and examine the fact it helps to save Time.. and improves accuracy.. only when it is needed factually u should do the cacluations
4. IMAGE QUESTIONS ::: NON VERBAL.. 5QUES..
some were easy n some were tricky.. we had to find the Next Figure in the series ..i mean we were given 5 figures following a definite pattern and we had to find the next Succeeding Figure..
#ADVICE# the Key again lies in Carefull observation
>>>>some of them i would like to share with u >>> --->>> Rotation(clockwise or anti)
--->>Degree (the degree to which the figure has moved)-->>whether some lines or figure is being constantly added or subtracted and if yes then in which manner
5 it Was a mix of DATA INTERPRETATION+DATA SUFFICIENCY+PUZZLE :::::: 5qUES
% note% THAT WE DID NOT GET ANY PROBLEMS REGARDING BLOOD RELATiONS but i wud recommend u to go through it also, as it has come in previous papers... so u shud be well prepared for Infi...
##ADVICE## U CAN REFER TO R.S.AGGARWAL VERBAL AND NON VERBAL (ITS SUFFICIENT TO CRACK INFI) IF U WANNA PRACTICE MORE, TRY ABHIJEET GUHA IT IS ALSO A NICE BOOK..
test:: 2 english Test 30QUES & 35MINS.
friends i would like to remind u that English in INFI has a good level so prepare it in a better way.. its not that its tough.. but ur preperation will give u the time margin so that u can score well..
it was Divided in the following::
1. LONG Comprehension.. and Short Comprehensions ( avoid doing them first as they consume a lot of time... attend them later)
2. Sentence Correction..given will be three long sentences and u will have to choose the best of them grammatically and logocally correct..
3. Fill in the blanks..choose the best phrase that would fit in
4. WORD meaning.. there was only one Ques on It ----The word was CALUMNIOUS and we had to find the meanings closest to it..
##ADVICE## u can practice comprehension by reading the editorial coloumn of ur daily newspaper and for the rest try "Wren And MArtin" it,s worth it.. Trust me!!
and thats all it was on the written side... REST was my interview..
went for about (20-22 min) the procedure was..
I Entered the room after his( the interviewer,s) permission and sat on the chair when he insructed(never sit without his permission it creates a bad impression) he gave me an attendance sheet to fill.. after that he asked me to sign on two places on the form which i had filled in the written phase.. Now that all formalities were done.. the interview started:
the questions i was asked (Not sequentially) were::
1. Tell me something about urself..
2.. how can u say ur creative(it was on mu CV so he asked me), what creative work u have done; quote an example
3. give an example of u being ADAPTABLE...
4. Do u read newspapers, which one and magazines if yes, which,
5. why U read Tachnical magazines , name some of them
6. HAVE u faced any problem in ur life, if yes what was it and how did u get out.
7. He gave me a puzzle.. i solved it after examining it..
8. what is the one thing u dont like about that place u belong to ( I said It was traffic problem)
9. how can u solve that problem if u were made the incharge..(it was a long discussion and took most time)
10. Why Do u like to Join Infosys.
.(i told him the points (ofcourse in my own way) that we were told by the infocian lady during our PPT)
11. Family Background..
12. what do u speacialise in computers..
13. what is your ambition in life...
14. some 2-3 ques were from my CV and EVents that i wrote..
and there are some of the questions my fellow friends were asked::
1. form General Awareness. like TOI Editor?? Chief Justice Of india.. Latest Deals and News..
2. From the world Cup.??
3 What do u know about Infosys.. etc etc..
##ADVICE## the jist of the interview is that..
1. Be aware of ur social atmosphere.. read newspapers daily
2. write ur CV in a manner u can handle best make it interesting but precise..
3. Be honest and dont lie
4. Be TruthFul and Be urself
5, THE MOST IMPORTANT;;;;; BE CONFIDENT ::::::
6. Quote ur Hobbies and strengths d way
they u can explain well, quoting examples..