Directions: Give the synonyms for the following words
1. Depreciation: deflation, depression, devaluation, fall, slump
2. Deprecate : feel and express disapproval,
3. Incentive : thing one encourages one to do (stimulus)
4. Echelon : level of authority or responsibility
5. Innovation : make changes or introduce new things
6. Intermittent : externally stopping and then starting
7. Detrimental: harmful
8. Conciliation : make less angry or more friendly
9. Orthodox: conventional or traditional, superstitious
10. Fallible : liable to error
11. Volatile : ever changing
12. Manifest: clear and obvious
13. Connotation : suggest or implied meaning of expression
14. Reciprocal: reverse or opposite
15. Agrarian : related to agriculture
16. Vacillate : undecided or dilemma
17. Expedient : fitting proper, desirable
18. Simulate : produce artificially resembling an existing one.
19. Access : to approach
20. Compensation: salary
21. Truncate : shorten by cutting
22. Adherence : stick
23. Heterogeneous: non similar things
24. Surplus : excessive
25. Assess : determine the amount or value
26. Cognizance : knowledge
27. Retrospective : review
28. Naive : innocent, rustic
29. Equivocate : tallying on both sides, lie, mislead
30. Postulate : frame a theory
31. Latent : dormant, secret
32. Fluctuation : wavering,
33. Eliminate : to reduce
34. Affinity : strong liking
35. Expedite : hasten
36. Console : to show sympathy
37. Adversary : opposition
38. Affable : lovable or approachable
39. Decomposition : rotten
40. Agregious : apart from the crowd, especially bad
41. Conglomeration: group, collection
42. Aberration: deviation
43. Augury : prediction
44. Creditability : ability to common belief, quality of being credible
45. Coincident: incidentally
46. Constituent : accompanying
47. Differential : having or showing or making use of
48. Litigation : engaging in a law suit
49. Moratorium: legally or officially determined period of delay before fulfillment of the agreement of paying of debts.
50. Negotiate : discuss or bargain
51. Preparation : act of preparing
52. Preponderant : superiority of power or quality
53. Relevance : quality of being relevant
54. Apparatus : appliances
55. Ignorance : blindness, in experience
56. Obsession: complex enthusiasm
57. precipitate : speed, active
Directions: In the following questions complete the series
NOTE: This section is quite tough and consists of 26 questions to be done in 10 minutes. Please keep track of time.
1. A C B D E F G I - I H K J L
2. A I Z B E Y C I X D I - G E N J W
3. A D G J M P - R W T S
4. A B C E F G I J K - M L O N P
5. A B F G K L P Q - T S V U W
6. J W X U V S T - Q P S E T
7. A R H X Y T D T W S T - N P T K R
8. F M B I P Z V I E V - I R Y O U
9. N Z I Y C X KW F - J F V M Y
10. A A S A S P A S P K A - R Q T S U
11. A E C P S - T R U E
12. B B P R D D L N F F I K - H Q J I K
13 A Z E X I V M T - R Q N S O
14. A B D G K P - L I W U X
15. B C D A E G H I F J L M N L K N M O
16. X W E F G V U H I J K - P N S R T
17. O D J T O P Q N O E R T - Q O U V W
18. P R N U U P E J R B B - H V U N E
19.L U L M G M N F N P S - O N Q P S
1. 420% OF 7.79 = ?
2. 3427 / 16.53 = ?
3. 10995 /95 = ?
4. 43+557-247 =?
5. 3107*3.082= ?
6. 48.7 + 24.9 - 8.7 = ?
7.525.0/47.8 = ?
8. (135-30-14)*7 - 6 +2 = ?
9. 3/8 * 5.04=?
10. 697 /219 = ?
11.8/64 +64/16 =?
12. 298 * 312 / 208 = ?
13. 0.33 *1496 /13 = ?
14.0.26 + 1/8 = ?
15. 66.17+1/3= ?
16. 2.84+1/4= ?
17. 33% OF 450 = ?
18. 907.54 / 0,3073= ?
19.There are two categories of persons in ratio A:B = 2:3. A type earns 2.5 dollars/hr and B type 1 dollar/hr total money earned by both is 24dollars. Then what is the total number of persons
20. Total balls are z, the number of red balls is n and the remaining are blak balls,then the % of black balls equal to ?
Ans. (z - n) / z*100
21. If A = C, B = 2D what should be done to make the ratio same. i.e.a/b = c/d
Ans. Multiply A by 2
22. If P=Total number of components, Q = number of defective components .What is the % of non defective components?
Ans. (p-q) / p*100
23. If the cost of an article is x , first discount given is y% of cost, second discount given is z% of cost. The selling price of x is
Ans. x (1-y / 100) (1- z / 100)
24.Which of the following are prime numbers
(a) 119 (b) 115 (c) 127 (d) none
25. A / B = C; C > D then
(a) A is always greater than D (b) C is always greater than D
(c) B is always less than D (d) None of these
26. If B>C and AA then which expression will be highest value
(a) A-B (b) AB (c) A+B (d) Can,t Say
33. K, L are men who take home a salary of x, y respectively.The total amount taken home is
Ans. Kx + Ly
34. If out of X bulbs y bulbs are broken;The % of non broken bulbs
Ans. (x-y) / x*100
35. If on a salary s per month, a tax of x% of the salary and another of r% of the salary is deducted what is the income.
36. 0.512 * 18902358 =?
37. If the % of defective balls is 10% balls,and the number of defective balls is 5.The number of balls is
38. 6.29% of 2.8 =?
39. 0.398 * 456= ?
40. 0 < x < 1 which is greater
(a) 1/x2 (b) 1/x (c) x (d) x2
41. If c = a/b; a-1 = c, what is the relation between a and b?
Ans. b = a/a-1
42. What is the sum of 7 consecutive odd numbers with 27 as the fourth number
Directions: There are 7 flow charts and each has 5-6 blank rectangles/diamonds with sub question number in the rectangle/diamond. You have to fill the blank from the 5 options given against respective question number
NOTE: These types of questions are not at all tough. You have to understand the logic and then it is very easy to fill the blanks. Some information is provided for getting to the answers. There will be blanks which C - Question Paper
Note : There are 20 questions and no negative marking.
Time allotted is 30 minutes
1. What is the output of the following code
printf("Hello %d",printf("QUARK test? "));
a. Compile time error.
b. Hello QUARK test?
c. Run time error.
d. None of the above.
e. Quark Test ?Hello.
This is because the evaluation of the parameters in a function call is done from right to left, becz the parameters were passed via a stack hence the first parameter (the leftmost one) is at the bottom of the stack and the rightmost parameter (if it is an expresseion, it will be evaluated before putting it on the stack) is on the top of the stack, hence while popping the parameters from the stack, the function printf (or any other function) gets them in the reverse order, i.e., from right to left, hence the statement printf(Quark test? ) gets evaluated first while pushing it as a parameter on to the stack, and then the statement printf(Hello %d) is executed. The 12 is the result of the return of printf(Quark test? ) which returns the number of characters printed.
2.) Out put of the following code is
for (A = -1;A>1, x