1. (1/2) of a number is 3 more than the (1/6) of the same number?
a) 6 b) 7 c) 8 d) 9
Let the number be x,
Then solve x
2. The hare starts after the tortoise has covered 1/5 of its distance and that too leisurely3. A hare and a tortoise have a race along a circle of 100 yards diameter. The tortoise goes in one direction and the. The hare and tortoise meet when the hare has covered only 1/8 of the distance. By what factor should the hare increase its speed so as to tie the race?
3. A circular dartboard of radius 1 foot is at a distance of 20 feet from you. You throw a dart at it and it hits the dartboard at some point Q in the circle. What is the probability that Q is closer to the centre of the circle than the periphery?
4. There are 8 circles on a diagonal of square such that their centre lies on diagonal. Consider that radius of each circle is equal. Find the ratio between side of square and radius of circle?
5. The pace length P is the distance between the rear of two consecutive footprints. For men, the formula, n/P = 144 gives an approximate relationship between n and P where, n = number of steps per minute and P = pace length in meters. Bernard knows his pace length is 164cm. The formula applies to Bernard,s walking. Calculate Bernard,s walking speed in kmph.
6. How many 9 digit numbers are possible by using the digits 1, 2,3,4,5 which are divisible by 4 if the repetition is allowed?
7. Horse started to chase dog as it relieved stable two hours ago. And horse started to ran with average speed 22km/hour, horse crossed 10 m road and two small pounds with depth 3m, and it crossed two small streets with 200 m length. After travelling 6 hrs, 2 hours after sunset it got dog. Compute the speed of dog?
8. After the typist writes 12 letters and addresses 12 envelopes, she inserts the letters randomly into the envelopes (1 letter per envelope). What is the probability that exactly 1 letter is inserted in an improper envelope?
a) 1/12 b)0 c)12/212 d)11/12
9. In a shopping mall with a staff of 5 members the average age is 45 years. After 5 years a person joined them and the average age is again 45 years. Whats the age of 6th person?
10. John buys a cycle for 31 dollars and given a cheque of amount 35 dollars. Shop Keeper exchanged the cheque with his neighbour and gave change to John. After 2 days, it is known that cheque is bounced. Shop keeper paid the amount to his neighbour. The cost price of cycle is 19 dollars. What is the profit/loss for shop keeper?
Ans 23 dollar loss
11. A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 13 blue, 27 red, and 40 yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark. In spite of the darkness, she can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each colour?
12. Middle- earth is a fictional land inhabited by hobbits, elves, dwarves and men. The hobbits and elves are peaceful creatures that prefer slow, silent lives and appreciate nature and art. The dwarves and the men engage in physical games. The game is as follows. A tournament is one where out of the two teams that play a match, the one that loses get eliminated. The matches are played in different rounds, where in every round; half of the teams get eliminated from the tournament. If there are 8 rounds played in knock out tournament, how many matches were played?
13. If there are 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers parked in a school located at the heart of the city, find the number of 4 wheelers parked there if there were 58 wheels are parked there
14.11 programmers writes a code of 11 lines in 11 minute then how many programmer we need to write 60 lines in 60 minute?
15. One person had three children. He had 7 pennies. Find the distribution of the fruits among the three children. A melon costs 1 penny, 2 oranges cost 1 penny and 3 grapes cost 1 penny
16.. A horse chases a pony 2 hours after the pony runs. Horse takes 3 hours to reach the pony. If the average speed of the horse is 81Kmph.Then what is the average speed of the pony?
17. Ferrari S.P.A is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari, the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari S.P.A. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One where it has employed great success .Rohit once bought a Ferrari. It could go 4 times as fast as Mohan,s old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohan,s Mercedes is 35 km/hr and the distance traveled by the Ferrari is 490 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.
18 If there are 6 cans out of them one is poisoned if a person tastes very little he will die within 14 hours so if there are mice to test and 24 hours to test, how many rats are required to find the poisoned can?
19. In a school, for a student out of 100 he got 74 of average for 7 subjects and he got 79 marks in the 8th subject. What is the average of the entire subject?
20 On the planet Oz, there are 8 days in a week- Sunday to Saturday and another day called Oz day. There are 36 hours in a day and each hour has 90 min while each minute has 60 sec. As on earth, the hour hand covers the dial twice every day.
Find the approximate angle between the hands of a clock on Oz when the time is 12:40 am.
21. Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression N = 15 + X+(Y- Z) Where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be?
22. Alice and Bob play the following coins-on-a-stack game. 20 coins are stacked one above the other. One of them is a special (gold) coin and the rest are ordinary coins. The goal is to bring the gold coin to the top by repeatedly moving the topmost coin to another position in the stack.
Alice starts and the players take turns. A turn consists of moving the coin on the top to a position i below the top coin (0 = i = 20). We will call this an i-move (thus a 0-move implies doing nothing). The proviso is that an i-move cannot be repeated; for example once a player makes a 2-move, on subsequent turns neither player can make a 2-move. If the gold coin happens to be on top when it,s a player,s turn then the player wins the game. Initially, the gold coins the third coin from the top. Then
23. There are two boxes, one containing 10 red balls and the other containing 10 green balls. You are allowed to move the balls between the boxes so that when you choose a box at random and a ball at random from the chosen box, the probability of getting a red ball is maximized. This maximum probability is?
24 There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of 1 litre every hour in A, it gets filled up like, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 in tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 litres, second hour it has 20 litres and so on). If tank B is 1/16 filled of the 3 hours, what is total duration of hours required to fill it completely?
a) 7 B) 6 c) 5 d) 9
Solution: for every hour water in tank in B is doubled,
Let the duration to fill the tank B is x hours.
X/16 part of water in tank of B is filled in 3 hours,
Next hour it is doubled so,
2*(x/16) part i.e. (x/8) part is filled in 4 hours,
Similarly (x/4)th part in 5 hours,(x/2)th part is filled in 6 hours,
(x)th part is filled in 7 hours
So answer is 7 hours.
25. For the FIFA world cup, Paul the octopus has been predicting the winner of each match with amazing success. It is rumoured that in a match between 2 teams A and B, Paul picks A with the same probability as A,s chances of winning. Let,s assume such rumours to be true and that in a match between Ghana and Bolivia, Ghana the stronger team has a probability of 2/3 of winning the game. What is the probability that Paul will correctly pick the winner of the Ghana-Bolivia game?
26. In the reading room of a library, there are 10 tables, 4 chairs per table. In each table there are different numbers of people seated. How many max no. Of tables will be left out without at least 1 person?
a) 8 b) 6 c) 2 d) 7
27. (40*40*40 - 31*31*31)/(40*40+40*31+31*31)=?
a) 8 b) 9 c) 7 d) 5
Solution: a3 -b3 = (a-b)*(a2+a*b+b2) so from this formula we will find (a-b) value
28. Out of 7 children the youngest is boy then find the probability that all the remaining children are boys
a)1/64 b)1/32 c)1/128 d)1/256
29.A volume of 10936 l water is in a container of sphere. How many semi sphere of volume 4l each will be required to transfer all the water into the small semi spheres?
a) 2812 b) 8231 c) 2734 d) 4222
30.On planet korba, a solar blast has melted the ice caps on its equator. 9 years after the ice melts, tiny planetoids called echina start growing on the rocks. Echina grows in the form of circle, and the relationship between the diameter of this circle and the age of echina is given by the formula d = 4* (t-9) for t 9 where d represents the diameter in mm and t the number of years since the solar blast.Jagan recorded the radius of some echina at a particular spot as 7mm. How many years back did the solar blast occur?
a) 17 b) 21.25 c) 12.25 d) 14.05
My interview took place at 16 hrs.
1. Have you had your lunch?
I replied.....yes sir
2. What was your lunch?
I replied with smiling face....
3. From where r u?
4. Tell me something abt ur place?
5. Who is your CM?
6. How does he work?
7. How was ur previous CM?
I replied but not criticised
8. Tell me something abt ur final yr project?
9. He asked me the assembly language programme of addition of two numbers(8051).
10. He asked me the term and condition of TCS.
11. Then he asked me why dont you join ur core company?
12. Then he asked me, i f intel offers me a job then whether i will join or not?
I replied NO
Then he asked why?
13. First of all he told me that capturing an image inside premises is punishable event and then he asked that, if u see a person has captured an image then what will u do??
I replied ...i will tell him to delete it and if doesnt do so then I will report to manager...then he asked if that parson is your friend then?
I replied that my action will be the same....then he asked, if he is your room partner or any best friend then?
I replied again that my action will be the same. then he asked why?
I replied i cant take the risk of 2 lakhs people for 1 person.....then my interviewer smiled.......
.....and i was selected when result announced......