HONEYWELL PATTERN - APR 2005
this is the pattern i have..i didn,t attend for honewell so don,t expect any more than this plz do check this and don,t send any queries to this id no use.
Their pattern is
OS : 10 Questions
C : 10 Questions
C++ : 10 Questions
Java : 10 Questions
OS is compulsory and you can choose any one of these three language. I had
Here is few question I still remember. please do not go on my answers they
may be incorrect also.
1) If there is one class template which has one static member variable that static variable will belong to
a) Every instance of class template will share the same copy of static variable
b) Every instance of class template will have its own copy of static variable.
c) Compilation error
d) Don,t remember.
2) What is template specialization ???
a) define a new template class for a specific data type.
3) How we will overload operator *+= such that
obj1 *+= obj2;
four choice were there last option was d) it is not possible I checked
4) IN C++ what does the operator overloading means.
a) Giving new meaning to existing C++ operators
b) defining functionality of existing C++ operator for user define objects.
c) defining new operators.
d) don,t remember.
5) what is ,>>, in C++
a) right shift operator and insertion operator depend upon the use
b) right shift operator and extraction operator depend upon the context use
c) right shift operator and insertion/extraction operator depend upon the use
6) class A
int a ,b;
A() : a(0)
if you create obj of this class as A obj;
a) b will be initialized before a
b) a will be initialized before b
c) both will be initialized together
d) none of these.
All OS questions were based on basics of UNIX all small -2 commands.
1) how image of one process can be replaced by other process
2) how image of one process can be copied to new born process
3) how can you list all the files used by a particular process
4) how do u create a link of file
I did not attempted the C paper but still I just had a look on C and java
paper. in C most of the question were programs and their out was asked in LINUX environment.
char *a= "Novell";
2) int main()