I got selected for CTS, We had the selection process on 29th of June.
I am writing all that I could remember from the written test.
1. Some children goto ice-cream shop. 9 flavours are available there.
Each child takes a cone with two different flavours. No two children
take same combination and they have taken all such possible
combinations. How many children went to ice cream shop?
2. (1- 1/6) (1-1/7) .... (1- (1/(n+4))) (1-(1/(n+5))) = ?
3. A man has to get air-mail. He starts to go to airport on his motor
bike. Plane comes early and the mail is sent by a horse-cart. The
man meets the cart in the middle after half an hour. He takes the
mail and returns back, by doing so, he saves twenty minutes. How
early did the plane arrive?
4. A,B,C,and D tells the following times by looking at their watches.
A tells it is 3 to 12.
B tells it is 3 past 12.
C tells it is 12:2.
D tells it is half a dozen too soon to 12.
No two watches show the same time. The differences between the
watches is 2,3,4,5 respectively. Whose watch shows maximum time?
/ \ /|
/ \ / |
/ \ / |
It is semicircle along X and Y with radius=17. What is length of BD?
6. Ten boxes are there. Each ball weighs 100 gms. One ball is
weighing 90 gms.
i) If there are 3 balls (n=3) in each box, how many times will it
take to find 90 gms ball?
ii) Same question with n=10
iii) Same question with n=9
7. There are three different boxes A,B and C. Difference between
weights of A and B is 3 kgs. And between B and C is 5 kgs. Then what
is the maximum sum of the differences of all possible combinations
when two boxes are taken each time.
8. I lost Rs.68 in two races. My second race loss is Rs.6 more than
the first race. My friend lost Rs.4 more than me in the second race.
What is the amount lost by my friend in the second race?
Ans: 37 (check it)
9. A problem on weather. I don,t remember exactly, but its something
like this. We went to some place and it rained for 15 days. Clear
mornings are followed by rainy afternoons. And all clear afternoons
are preceeded by rainy mornings. It rained continuiosly for 10
mornings. It rained for 12 afternoons. And 13 days are without any
rain. How many days we stayed in the new place?
10. A and B are shooters and having their exam. A and B fall short of
10 and 2 shots respectively to the qualifying mark. If each of them
fired atleast one shot and even by adding their total score together,
they fall short of the qualifying mark, what is the qualifying mark?
11. A face of the clock is divided into three parts. First part hours
total is equal to the sum of the second and third part. What is the
total of hours in the bigger part?
12. A INK bug starts jumping 1 mtr to each direction north, south,
east and west respectively. It marks a point in the new locations. It
comes back to its original point after jumping in all directions. It
again starts the same process from the newly drawn unique points.
Totally how many points did the bug mark?
13. There is a six digit code. Its first two digits, multiplied by 3
gives all ones. And the next two digits multiplied by 6 gives all
twos. Remaining two digits multiplied by 9 gives all threes. Then
what is the code?
14. There are 4 balls and 4 boxes of colours yellow, pink, red and
green. Red ball is in a box whose colour is same as that of the ball
in a yellow box. Red box has green ball. In which box you find the
15. Quitub Meenar height is 230 mtrs. A person lays a boulder and
stands on it. He then places a step by its side. Then he goes for
another boulder on it and so on. One step height is 1 mtr. Boulder is
one cubic mtr. Then how many steps are required to reach to the top?
16. A question on quadrilateral. Ans: 20cm sq.
17. A problem on Parallelogram.
18. There are four professors: American, English, Japanese and
Indian. Each take only one subject and all their houses are in a
straight line. Indian doesn,t teach maths. American teaches
geography. English man is adjacent to Japanese who is in red house.
Professor in green house teaches history. Indian lives in white
house. Blue house has only one adjacent house which is green. (one
more subject is phylosophy).
Two or Three questions on this, like what does the Indian teach, etc..
20. A similar question, 4 persons (Vijay, Vinay, Ajay and Nanda) in 4
professions: medical, engineering, architecture, and Accountancy.
Each play one different instrument : Sitar, Tabla, Violin and Flute.
There are some conditions and two questions on this. Its easy, just
need to understand the problem.
21. Two tribes of Jadugars are there. One type is always right about
predictions about themselves and others. Another type is always wrong
in their predictions about themselves and others.
Two questions like:
if a jadugar tells ,you are always right, to a man, to which type the
man and the jadugar belong to?
23. Ambanis took over some company. Later they came to know that the
co. was actually in loss. They have learned that ________
four options like:
All that glitters is not gold (I think this option is correct)
24. One more question like the one above.
25. Two questions are given, and some common sense is needed there,
After 180 successful days, ,News Talk, is taken out of air. The
government wants to woo the journalists before the general elections.
Mr.X of DD says that the program is not completely stopped and it is
just getting reformatted.
Question is ,What is News talk,?
i) A program on govt. issues
ii) A serial on journalists (I think it is right)
iii) A documentary on journalism
iv) Something else
Paper is not that difficult, you just need to chose ur strenth and
answer those questions first. Each right answer +1, wrong answer, -
0.25. In our campus, persons who attempted 10 questions also got thru
the written test. So the cut-off is very less.
Interview was very simple, some questions on C ( test ur c skills is
more than enough) and some questions on your area of interest. Some
puzzles were also asked. But it is more like a mere formality. The
interview panel was very co operative and it was a very good