Crompton Greaves Solved Question Papers, Crompton Greaves Previous Question Papers with Answers, Crompton Greaves Sample Placement Papers, Crompton Greaves Question Papers with Answer and Explanation
CG Paper - 12 JUNE 2011 HYDERABAD
SECTION I : TECHNICAL 50 QUESTIONS 30 MINS
1) Magnetic compass indicates
a) true north pole
b)alionic earth pole
c)geographic north pole
d)magnetic north pole.
2) For a cantilever beam with uniformly varying load, shape of bending moment curve is
3) For perfectly elastic bodies, coefficent of restitution is
4) For 1st order lever, mechanical advantage is
5) 18:4:1 in H.S.S represent
a) 18tu : 4vn : 1 cr. Other choices r just interchanged.
6) Due to intense braking of an automobile reaction of wheels on road
Will be equally distributed to all 4 wheels.
Will be more at rear wheels
Inertia will be on the front wheels.
if u apply brakes on the weels of a bicycle then
a. normal reaction on the wheel increases
b. normal reaction on the wheel decreases
c. normal reaction remains same as there is no radial component of frictional force
7) thermal efiiciency of I.C engines will be
d) 45- 55%.
8) when a mass is supportedby spring of spring constant k, which is cut in 4 equal pieces and the connected in parallel way the equilent spring constant is
9) when a mass is supported on roof of a elevator and elevator moves with an acceleration of 4.9 m/s2 shows a spring reading of 15kg, then the weight of the body is
10.Mass production of bolts and rivets is by
a .hot extrusion
c .cold heading
d .cold peening
11.why doesnt mercury stick to glass tube
a .cohesive force>adhesive force
b .cohesive force80
14.If a body weighing 40kg floats in water with 40% of volume immersed, the sp.gravity of the body is
15.Axial claw clutches
c. engages only with load
d. operates only with load
16.If center distance of a involute mating gear changes then the pressure angle
c. remains unaltered
a.heated above critical temp and cooled in air .
b. heated above critical temp and quenched in oil
c. heated below critical temp and cooled in air
18.The best suited material for permanent magnet
19.Hookes joint is used for
a. parallel and intersecting shafts
b. non parallel non intersecting
c. nonparallel and intersecting
d. parallel and non intersecting
20.To have a const.velocity ratio the two gears should have (or) angular velocity of the gear will remain the same if the .......... cuts the line joining ........ at a fixed point ans law of gearing (check for ans)
21.Which of the following is a loose running fit
22.Farenheit and centigrade are equal at
23. M10 hexagonal bolt is manufactured
a. upset forging and thread rolling
b. casting and thread rolling
24.specific speed in a turbo machine depends on
d.all the above.
25.unit of surface roughness is
26.mohrs circle is used to find
b.resultant of. ANS:
c (check for ans)
27.storage,transportation, operation,delay,inspection symbols are used in
b.mam m/c chart,
d.all the above.
28.melting point of ice changes with
a.increase with pressure,
b.increase with pressure ratio.
29.If the speed of fan is doubled,quantity of air displaced is
30. which has less carbon content
b.spring steel,carburising steel,forging steel.
31.when a helical compressive spring is subjected to axial compression load,the stress induced in the spring will be
32.for a bar element if area, length, and stress are doubled the elastic strain energy will be
c. 4 times
d. 8 times
33 for a punching die , 2mm thick sheet, dia. D ,force f, the shear force is
ans: 8800 (check for ans)
34. spheroidising is a process of
d. case hardening
35 what type of thread is used in lead screw of a lathe
a. acme thread
36. Wear allowance of a go nogo end plug gauge is given for
b. nogo end
37. Internal spur gears can be made by using
a. gear shaping
c. gear hobbing
38. Height of the capillary varies with increase with increase in dia of tube c. increase with increase in sp. weight increase with decrease in dia d. increase with decrease in sp. weight
39) a bolt of nomial diameter 33mm the stress of 100N/mm2 the safe load is
40) a cylinder with in 1% of the tolerence capacity limit, the permissible tolerence in height and radius are
ans is 0.2% radius and 0.25 height. (check for ans)
41) in ball bearings cage is used for
a)to maintain the ball position
b) to maintain parallelism between inner and outer race.
42) Pumped storage plants are used mainly for
b) run off river.
43) For an incompressible solid , poissons ratio is
44) distance of ozone layer from surface of earth
a. 0 to 100 km
b 20 to 50 km
c. 50 to 100 km
d. 10 to 15 km
45) An elevator is moving up with an acc. of 4.9 m/sec2 a body weighing 15 kg is attached with spring balance. what is the value in the spring balance
46) at same heat input and max pressure
a. efficiency of otto cycle more than diesel
b. efficiency of dual cylce more than diesel
c. efficiency of diesel cycle more than otto
47 bending stress is ( y is the distance from the neutal axis)
a. inversly proportional to y
b. proportional to y
c. independent of y
48) if the body is 40% immersed in water what will be its specific gravity
49) the temp at the three edges of a square shaped body is 0 C and on the fourth edge is 100 c find the temp at the centre of the square
50)True or false
i)Plaster of parries is mad from dolomite, bauxite, and limestone.
ii)Highest temperature is represented by red colour.
iii)In ball bearing grease lubrication acts as boundry layer lubrication.
SECTION II : APTITUDE 50 QUESTIONS 30 MINS
Complete the series: 462 , 420 , 380 , ( ) , 306 ans.342 ..
Complete the series: 1,4,9,16, 25 , ( ) ans 36
Pick odd one out: geometry , algebra , arithmetic , mathematics
Analogy - moon : satellite :: earth: ? ans:planet
CROMPTON GREAVES INTERVIEW QUETIONS
COMPONENTS OF A MOTOR TRANSFORMER -TYPES
DESIGN OF MOTOR
5 P`S INMARKETING,(PRICE,PLACE)
WHAT IS TURBO CHARGER?
DESIGN OF SILENCER AND IT`S PURPOSE
REINFORCED CONCRETE BEAM (RCC BEAM)
FORMULA FOR MOMENT OF INERTIA
HOW WILL ANALYSE RCC BEAM IN ANSYS
LAWS OF THERMODYAMICS
CARNOT CYCLE EXPLAIN?
WHAT IS TQM, TPM, JIT, 5S PRINCIPLE?
CHARLES LAW ,BOYLES LAW
WHY DO YOU USE COLLANT WHILE MACHINING?
IRON CARBON EQULIBRIUM DIAGRAM EXPLAIN?
QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR ELECTIVES & INPLANT TRAINING
YOUR PERSONAL INTEREST
DIFFERENT TYPES OF LOAD ACTING ON BEAM
WHEATHER SHEAR FORCE ACT ON RAILWAY BRIDGE?
WHAT SUBJECTS YOU STUDIED ,QUESTIONS ON THE SUBJECTS YOU SAY
DESIGN A FAN
WHAT IS THE DIRECTION OF ROTATION OF CEILING FAN ?
WHY IT ALWAYS ROTATES IN ANTICLOCKWISE DIRECTION?
IF YOU CHANGE DIRECTION OF ROTATION WHAT WILL HAPPEN?