SQL Interview Questions with Answers
1. What is RDBMS?
2. What are different normalization forms?
3. What is Trigger?
4. What is View?
5. What is Index?
6. What is cursors?
7. What is the use of DBCC commands?
8. What is Collation?
9. How to implement one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many relationships while
10. What is difference between DELETE & TRUNCATE commands?
11. Difference between Function and Stored Procedure?
12. What types of Joins are possible with Sql Server?
13. What are types of sub-queries?
14. What is SQL Profiler?
15. What is User Defined Functions?
16. Which TCP/IP port does SQL Server run on? How can it be changed?
17. Which command using Query Analyzer will give you the version of SQL server and operating system?
18. What is SQL server agent?
19. What is @@ERROR?
20. What is log shipping?
21. What command do we use to rename a db?
22. What are the different types of replication? Explain.
23. What are the OS services that the SQL Server installation adds?
24. Using query analyzer, name 3 ways to get an accurate count of the number of records in a table?
25. How to rebuild Master Database?
26. What are primary keys and foreign keys?
27. What is data integrity? Explain constraints?
28. What are the properties of the Relational tables?
29. What is De-normalization?
30. How to get @@error and @@rowcount at the same time?
31. What is Identity?
32. What is a table called, if it does not have neither Cluster nor Non-cluster Index? What is it used for?
33. Can SQL Servers linked to other servers like Oracle?
34. How to know which index a table is using?
35. What is Cross Join?
36. What is DataWarehousing?
37. How do SQL server 2000 and XML linked? Can XML be used to access data?
38. What is an execution plan? When would you use it? How would you view the execution plan?