Hi friends....... This is Swati Mahapatra ...persuing my 3rd year b.tech at EASTERN ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA.
I would like to share my experience . A total of 2100 students appeared from 22 colleges of orissa.It was an off-campus recruitment drive. 200 were selected in the written round. It was followed a GD in which 38 students were able to clear. The next round was a technical cum PI round in which finally 16 were selected and I was among the luckiest 16.
I secured the highest no. of marks in the written round scoring 43 out of 50. So my name was declared first.
The selection procedure comprised 3 rounds..........Lets start with the first round. It was a written round.
There were a total of 50 questions of multiple choice type. There was a cut off of 32 marks. Each question carried 1 mark. There was no negative marking. The paper included questions from BOOLEAN ALGEBRA, Technical questions from RDBMS like Denormalisation..., JAVA, C and OOPS.
The English section included antonyms, synonyms, sentences with nearly the same meaning which required identification of the correct sentence, and aptitude questions similar to that of the questions from R.S.AGARWALL. There was no Sectional cut off.
The second round was a GD round.
As per my observation the facilitator laid stress on the COMMUNICATION SKILL and ORGANIZATION AND SELECTION OF GOOD POINTS in favour of the topic. My topic was CASTE BASED POLITICS. I was the initiator and the concluder. To qualify the GD one needs to speak valid points for nearly 2-3 minutes and give others a chance to speak. What matters is how much patient you are and give opportunity to others. Do not get excited and do not make it a fishmarket.
ON the 4th of June we had only these two rounds. The very next day i.e the 5th of June we were told to report at 9,o clock in the morning. It was followed by the TECHNICAL CUM PI round. All the 38 qualifiers of the GD were divided into 3 groups. Three different HRs took charge of three different groups. My name was called up first.
While entering I requested "May I come in Sir?". After entering I placed my resume on the table. I was given a paper by the HR where I had to fill my details.
The questions he asked were as follows,
Similarly he asked me questions like
1. What is the difference between C and C++?
2. What is the difference between Top Down Approach and Bottom Up Approach?
3. What is Friend Function and where and when is it used?
4. Can we use ,main, anywhere in the program?
5. What is Function Overloading and Function Overriding?
6. What is Exception handling in JAVA and how can we overcome it?
These were most of the Technical questions.
The HR questions were as follows.
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. So you are a good motivator. Cite an example in your real life how you motivated someone to do a work?
3. You have written that you were the Head Girl of your School. So what responsibilities did you handle during that period?
4. What all social activities do you do in your community?
5. You are an NCC certificate holder. What all activities did you do during that period?
6. Do you want to ask any questions?
Our result was declared at 3 p.m. Finally I was selected and we were given a Birlasoft cap. Our package was declared to be 2 lakhs during our Training sessions and it would be extended to 3 lakhs after that.
So guys I hope my experience will help you in presenting yourself in a competitive manner and may enhance your confidence before appearing the campus interview. Thank You AMMA, BHAGWAN for placing me in BIRLA SOFT