This is RaGHaVaN from Gates Institute of Technology,Gooty,Anantapur(Dist),A.P ..
I wrote the test for Probationary Engineer at BEL, Bangalore , 4th july, 2010.
I am from Electronics stream. This is a tough exam.
Total 150 bits. In that 120 for Technical and 30 for Aptitude.Each carries 1 mark and 0.25 will be deducted for a wrong answer(NEGATIVE MARKING).
Aptitude: 5qns from passage,10 qns from Table(data given), 5qns from Grammer(fill in the appropriate word) n 10qns from logical reasoning.
1. Antennas: Antenna lenths, types(vhf,uhf,yogi-gudi n other)
2. Satellites: Basics on Satillites, Satillite positions, Distance problems, Geo-synchronous Satillites
3. Rader : Basics on Raders, Tracking Raders, FW-CM Raders, MTI Raders
4. Microprocessors: 80286, Data n Adders lines(1-2 qns)
5. Networks : Resonance Frequency, Y-Delta problems, Nodal n Mesh Analysis, RLC n/w, power Calculations(p=v^2/R=I^2R=VI)
6. Control Systems : Transfer Function, Routh-Hurwitz Crierion
7. Op-amps : R and C connected op-amp o/p
8. Timers: IC(4000,4001,7485)
9. Capacitance n Inductance Formulas and its problems,Conductivity
10. Basic Electronics: p-n junction, FET, Oscillators, no.of electrons(germanium,silicon,arsenic,antinmoni remaining also....)
11. Electromagnitics : m(mue),mr, Maxwell,s equation, J= (Sigma)*E, Divergence, Wave guides.
12. 1-5 qns from Basics of normal operating systems(windows,unix,win98) n Control Networking
13. Digital Electronics : Flip-flops(j-k,T,D), Logic Gates
14.Communications : Detectors,S/N ratio,
a) Pulse Analog :
PAM :Pulse Amplitude Modulation
PWM :Pulse Width Modulation
PPM : Pulse Position Modulation
b) Pulse Digital :
PCM : Pulse Code Modulation
DPCM: Differential Pulse Code Modulation
DM : Delta Modulation
This bit of information is very helpful to you.Dont depend on last year topics.BEL cahanged their pattern every year. You vl prepare all topics clearly as in our syllabus.
Time is very important rather than other matters in examination hall...
2 and half an hour = 150 Minutes = 9000 seconds....Every Second is valuable n Every Minute is important....This is very easy for hu prepared GATE n IES....
All the Best Friends
"SUCCESS or FAILURE is in your hands only"