BEL previous year paper with answers, BELcomputer engineering solved question papers, recruitment question papers,Bel electronics and electrical,(EE), computer science( CSE) mechanical engineering,(ME) solved question paper Bel sample placement paper, Bel syllabus for electronics and electrical, computer science,cse,mechanical engineering me Bel aptitude, general awareness, reasoning technical, job recruitment interview questions Bel written test pattern, selection procedures Bel upcoming recruitment question papers learn and practice
Bel sample electronics solves question paper
1. Which one of the following is provided by a data dictionary ?
(A) User data
(B) Functional data
(C) Database structure data - Answer
(D) Sorted data
2. Which one of the following is a direct benefit of databse normalization ?
(A) higher query processing efficiency
(B) smaller number of tables
(C) reduced I/O for most queries
(D) reduced data redundancy- Answer
3. What is the result of the following SQL statement ?
SELECT A.Employee_Name, B.Spouse_Name
FROM Employee A LEFT OUTER JOIN Spouse B
ON A. Employee_ID = B.Employee_ID
(A) A list of all employees names, including the name of their spouse if they have one- Answer
(B) A list of all employees that have spouses, with spouse names included in the list
(C) A list of employees spouses
(D) Two lists : One list of employees, the other of spouses.
4. The ability to modify the conceptual schema without causing any change to the application program is known as :
(A) Physical data independence
(B) Logical data independence- Answer
(C) External data independence
(D) Static data
5. A field or a combination of fields that has a unique value is called :
(A) Secondary key
(B) Foreign key
(C) Primary key - Answer
(D) Alternate key
6. Relational operator that yields all values from all rows in a table is known as
7. Referential integrity controls relationships between :
(A) attributes in a table
(B) operations of an object
(C) instances of a class
(D) tables in a database.- Answer
8. What will be suitable criteria that should be entered for a query to search for Employee Names beginning with M ?
(A) Start with M
(B) Like M
(C) Like M?
(D) Like M*
9. What rows will this select statement return ?
SELECT * FROM products WHERE ordernumber > = 1000
(A) All rows in the products table whose order number is greater than or equal to 1000- Answer
(B) All rows in the products table whose order number is less than or equal to 1000
(C) The first 1000 rows of the product table
(D) All rows in the products table whose order number is greater than 1000
10. A television broadcast is an example of ______transmission.
(A) Simplex - Answer
11. ______ is the protocol suite for the Internet which we use presently :
(A) TCP/IP - Answer
12. _______ switching is well suited for voice communication while______ switching is better suited for data and other non-voice communication.
(A) Message; circuit
(B) Circuit; message
(C) Packet; circuit
(D) Circuit; packet- Answer
13. Forty-five physical channels link________devices arranged in a mesh topology.
(A) NINE (9)
(B) TEN (10)- Answer
(C) FORTY (40)
(D) FORTY-FIVE (45)
14. The most frequently used UTP connector is _______ .
(A) category 5 connector
(B) EIA 232
(C) RJ45- Answer
15. The natural mask for class C IP address is _______ .
(A) 255.255.255.0 - Answer
16. The Internet began as an experimental network called
(B) ARPANET- Answer
17. Clock speed is measured in
(A) Bits per second
(D) Hertz- Answer
18. Cache memory enhances
(A) Memory capacity
(B) Memory access time- Answer
(C) Secondary storage capacity
(D) Secondary storage access time
19. A user complains that he has created a shell script myuse that will report his usage of disk space by a directory in UNIX, but when he executes the script he only receives the message : myuse : cannot execute. What is the probable cause of the error described above ?
(A) The file myuse contains syntax errors
(B) The file myuse cannot be located because the user has not set his PATH properly
(C) The user does not have permission to read his directory
(D) The file mode for the owner of myuse is not executable- Answer
20. Three players A, B, C are in a race. A is twice as likely to win as B and B is twice as likelyto win as C. Then the probability that B wins =
(D) 2/7- Answer
21. In following Java code snippet, what will be the output of following :
int var 1 = 5, var 2 = 7;
System.out.println(Result= + var l * var 3);
(A) Result = 35
(B) Result = 57
(C) Result = 3
(D) Error- Answer
22. Consider the following segment of a Java program,
int num, alpha = 10;
num = 4;
case 3 : alpha++; break;
case 4 :
case 6 : alpha = alpha + 3;
case 8 : alpha = alpha + 4; break;
default : alpha = alpha + 5;
What will the output be when the above segment is executed as a program ?
(C) 17 - Answer
23. The region of memory sufficiently large to hold all pixels of the display is called a
(A) Frame buffer - Answer
(D) Cache Memory
24. Which of the following statements is correct regarding Bitmap images ?
(A) They are based on lines and curves
(B) They are best for real-world images like Photography and Painted pictures- Answer
(C) They have a small data size
(D) One does not need to compress the file for transferring.
25. is a process model used to show the flow of data through a system and the work or processing performed by the system :
(A) Document Flow Diagram
(B) Data Flow Diagram- Answer
(C) Entity Relationship Diagram
(D) Use Case Diagram.
26. Consider the following two relations :
A (Students) B
St_Id Name Address St_Id Name Address
1000000004 Ratan Mumbai 1000000001 Mahesh Gangtok
1000000001 Mahesh Gangtok 1000000002 Samir Indore
1000000008 Babita Delhi 1000000004 Ratan Mumbai
1000000002 Samir Indore 1000000008 Babita Delhi
Applying a certain SQL statement to relation A gives relation B. Which of the following statements
could this SQL statement be ?
(A) SELECT * FROM Students ORDER BY St_Id;- Answer
(B) SELECT * FROM Students ORDER BY Name;
(C) SELECT * FROM Students ORDER BY St_Id DESC;
(D) SELECT * FROM Students ORDER BY Name DESC;
27. Consider the code snippet given below : & lt H1 & gt Hello BIT & lt H1 & gt Which of the following is correct in relation to the above code snippet ?
(A) Hello BIT is displayed as the output with H1 font.
(B) Hello BIT ; is displayed as the output with H1 font.
(C) ; is displayed as the output with default font.
(D)Hellow BIT is displayed as the output.
28. When you are creating a structure in C/C++, you need to use the keyword
(C) struct - Answer
29. 54__7 = 5. Which arithmetic operator can replace the blank to make the statement correct ?
(C) % - Answer
30. What is the output of the following code in C ?
for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)