Water and wine are in ratio 1:4. how much of water should be added to make it half-half.
A man gets 20 oranges for re.1 .and 25 oranges for re.1. He mixes them and sells 45 oranges for Re.2..Find his gain or
A square of size 40 by 40..There are 4 circles each of radius 10.not overlapping but juzt touching each other inside
the square..which % of the area of the square is not covered by the circles.?
Question on income and expenditure..A man spends 20% of his income on something...10% of the remaining ..etc. like this
nutrients: food as oxygen : air
courier : message as judge: law
parent: offspring as s_____:fraternal
Sentence Correction: which word in the given choices can replace the italicized word? --3 qns
Logical sequence. 4 sentences were shuffled and given..what is the logical order of these sentences. --6 qns
SECTION 2- DATA SUFFICIENCY
Each item has a question followed by two statements :
Mark a: If the question can be answered with the help of statement "1" alone
Mark b: If the question can be answered with the help of statement "2" alone
Mark c: If the question can be answered with the help of both the statements but not with the help of either statement by itself
Mark d: If the question cannot be answered even with the help of both the given statements
1. Does winking improve eye sight?
1) During the process of winking the focal power of eyes improves
2) Experiments have shown that eye exercise lead to an improvement in eye sight
Answer: d because neither 1 or 2 is adequate.
Each floor of a 3 storeyed building is occupied and a total of 15 people live in the building. How many live on the first floor?
1) The no. of people living in the first floor is an odd number
2) The no. of people living on the first floor double the number living on the second floor
Program 1 can be implemented
1) Program 1 is tested and error free
2) The implementation site is ready
The sum of digits of a 5 digit no. is 10. The digit in the ten thousandth place is cube of that of units place. what is the number.
1) The digits in the thousandth, hundredth and tenth place are equal
2) The digit in the units and tenth place are not equal
If I deposit Rs.1000 in the bank now and withdraw the amount only at the end of the year how much will I get?
1) The rate of compound interest is 12% per year
2) The interest is deposited in the account at the end of every six months
Variable "X" is an address variable.
1) The value of variable "X" is "adbcf"
2) Program has a statement X =&Y
Is white color the best reflector of light?
1) The lower a color,s reflection index the better its power of reflection
2) White has a reflection index of 0.28
Does Mehta work in an advertising agency?
1) Mehta begins work at 9 am in the morning and works till 9 in the night
2) Mehta is a copywriter
Is it true that Maggi Noodles success was largely due to its ability to satisfy a latent consumer need?
1) Before the entry of Maggi Noodles, Others did not have access to a food item which was
convenient to prepare and could be consumed between meals.
2) Maggi Noodles was an instant hit with ladies who had children in the range of 10 to 12 years
Sachin wrote Program 1
1) It is found in the directory c:\user\sachin
2) Sachin tested Program 1
Are all Argots also Knicks?
1) All Argots are Drones
2) All Drones are Knicks
Does classical music aid plant growth?
1) Music aids in the development of sugar in plants.
2) In an experiment conducted, its was observed that plants exposed to classical music grew by 5cm more
than plants not exposed to classical music in the same period.
Are cheques the safest method of making a payment.
1) Cheques are more convenient than cash in making and resolving payments.
2) Payment by cheques eliminate the risk involved in handling cash.
Networking is working fine.
1) Computer A is able to talk to Computer B
2) Both Computer A & B are Pentium Machines.
Is it true that smiling is easier than frowning?
1) Smiling requires the movement of 14 facial muscles while frowning requires the movement
of 24 facial muscles.
2) Moving every facial muscles requires the same amount of effort.
Is it true that the Carpenter lives on the first floor.?
1) the Barber lives two floors above the black smith who in turn stays one floor above the carpenter.
2) the blacksmith lives two floors above the weaver who lives one floor below the carpenter in a three