Verbal Reasoning: 20 Questions
Analytical Reasoning: 20 Questions
Quantitative Aptitude: 15 Questions
Section-A- Verbal Reasoning
1. Pick up the one which is most nearly the same in meaning as the word printer in bold and can replaces it without altering the meaning of the sentence.
Instead of putting up a united front against on common enemy, the medieval states frittered away their energy in internecine warfare.
A. mutually destructive
2. Pick up the one which is most nearly the same in meaning as the word printer in bold and can replaces it without altering the meaning of the sentence.
Being a member of this club, he has certain rights.
3. The ratio between the number of passengers travelling by I & II Class between two railway stations is 1 : 50, whereas the ratio of the I & II Class fares between the same stations is 3 : 1. If on a particular day, Rs. 1325 were collected from the passengers travelling between these stations, what was the amount collected from the II Class passengers ?
4. When Raja was born, his father was 32 years older than his brother and his mother was 25 years older than his sister. If Rajas brother is 6 years older than Raja and his mother is 3 years younger than his father, how old was Rajas sister when Raja was born?
Questions 5-9, Read the paragraph given below and answer the questions that follow
What needs to be set right is our approach to work. It is a common sight in our country of employees reporting for duty on time and at the same time doing little work. If an assessment is made of time they spent in gossiping, drinking tea, eating "pan" and smoking cigarettes, it will be shocking to know that the time devoted to actual work is negligible. The problem is the standard which the leadership in administration sets for the staff. Forgot the ministers because they mix politics and administration. What do top bureaucrats do? What do the below down officials do? The administration set up remains week mainly because the employees do not have the right example to follow and they are more concerned about being in the good books of the bosses than doing work.
5. According to the writer, the administration in India
A. is by and large effective B. is very strict and firm
C. is affected by red tape D. is more or less ineffective
6. The leadership in administration
A. sets a fine example to the employees
B. is of a reasonably high standard
C. is composed of idealists
D. is of a very poor standard
7. The central idea of passage could be best expressed by the following
A. The employee outlook towards work is justified
B. The employee must change their outlook towards work
C. The employees would never change their work culture
D. The employer-employee relationship is far from healthy
8. The word ,assessment, means
9. The employees in our country
A. are quite punctual but not duty conscious
B. are not punctual, but somehow manage to complete their work
C. are somewhat lazy but good natured
D. are not very highly qualified
10. Introducing a woman, Shashank said, "She is the mother of the only daughter of my son." How that woman is related to Shashank?
11. Anupam said to a lady sitting in a car, "The only daughter of the brother of my wife is the sister-in-law of the brother of your sister." How the husband of the lady is related to Anupam?
A. Maternal uncle
12. A, B, C, D and E are sitting on a bench. A is sitting next to B, C is sitting next to D, D is not sitting with E who is on the left end of the bench. C is on the second position from the right. A is to the right of B and E. A and C are sitting together. In which position A is sitting ?
A. Between B and D
B. Between B and C
C. Between E and D
D. Between C and E
13. Pick out the best one which can complete incomplete stem correctly and meaningfully.
With great efforts his son succeeded in convincing him not to donate his entire wealth to an orphanage ......
A. and lead the life of a wealthy merchant
B. but to a home for the forsaken children
C. and make an orphan of himself
D. as the orphanage needed a lot of donations
E. as the orphanage had been set up by him
14. Select the pair which has the same relationship.
15. Select the word or pharse which is closes to the OPPOSITE in meaning of the bold word or phrase.
It was universally characterized as a progressive measure.
16. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements
Question: What will be the total weight of 10 poles, each of the same weight ?
1. One-fourth of the weight of each pole is 5 kg.
2. The total weight of three poles is 20 kilograms more than the total weight of two poles.
A. I alone is sufficient while II alone is not sufficient
B. II alone is sufficient while I alone is not sufficient
C. Either I or II is sufficient
D. Neither I nor II is sufficient
E. Both I and II are sufficient
17. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements
A thoroughly blended biscuit mix includes only flour and baking powder. What is the ratio of the number of grams of baking powder to the number of grams of flour in the mix?
(1) Exactly 9.9 grams of flour is contained in 10 grams of the mix.
(2) Exactly 0.3 gram of baking powder is contained in 30 grams of the mix.
A. Both statements 1 and 2 together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement is sufficient alone.
B. Statements 1 and 2 are not sufficient to answer the question asked and additional data is needed to answer the statements.
C. Statement 2 alone is sufficient but statement 1 alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked
D. Each statement alone is sufficient to answer the question.
E. Statement 1 alone is sufficient but statement 2 alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
18. A number of friends decided to go on a picnic and planned to spend Rs. 96 on eatables. Four of them, however, did not turn up. As a consequence, the remaining ones had to contribute Rs. 4 each extra. The number of those who attended the picnic was
19. A bird shooter was askgd how many birds he had in the bag. He replied that there were all sparrows but six, all pigeons but six, and all ducks but six. How many birds he had in the bag in all?
20. From his house, Lokesh went 15 km to the North. Then he turned west and covered 10 km. Then he turned south and covered 5 km. Finally turning to the east, he covered 10 km. In which direction is he from his house?
Accenture Anlytical Reasoning Questions with answers
Section- B - Analytical Reasoning.
1. Read the information given below and answer the questions that follows.
Six friends are sitting in a circle and are facing the centre of the circle. Deepa is between Prakash and Pankaj. Priti is between Mukesh and Lalit. Prakash and Mukesh are opposite to each other.
I. Who are the neighbours of Mukesh ?
A. Prakash and Deepa B. Deepa and Priti
C. Priti and Pankaj D. Lalit and Priti
II. Who is sitting opposite to Priti ?
A. Prakash B. Deepa
C. Pankaj D. Lalit
III. Who is just right to Pankaj ?
A. Deepa B. Lalit
C. Prakash D. Priti
2. The questions below is based on the information given
1. A + B means A is the mother of B.
2. A - B means A is the sister of B.
3. A * B means A is the father of B.
4. A β B means A is the brother of B.
I. Which of the following means that N is the maternal uncle of M?
A. N β P - L + E - M B. N - Y + A β M
C. M - Y * P - N D. N β C + F * M
II. Which of the following means Q is the grandfather of P?
A. P + N * M * Q B. Q * N * M + P
C. Q β M β N * P D. None of these
3. some of the letters are missing which are given in that order as one of the alternatives below it. Choose the correct alternative.
gfe _ ig _ eii _ fei _ gf_ ii
4. some of the letters are missing which are given in that order as one of the alternatives below it. Choose the correct alternative.
ab _ aa _ bbb _ aaa _ bbba
5. Various terms of an alphabet series are given with one or more terms missing as shown by (?). Choose the missing terms out of the given alternatives.
Z, S, W, O, T, K, Q, G, ?, ?
A. N, C
B. N, D
C. O, C
D. O, D
6. Choose the correct alternative that will continue the same pattern and replace the question mark
5824, 5242, ?, 4247, 3823
7. What is the minimum number of colours required to fill the spaces in the given diagram without any two adjacent spaces having the same color?
8. What is the minimum number of straight lines that is needed to construct the figure?
9. Count the number of rectangles in the given figure.
10. How many circles are there in the adjoining figure
11. First bunch of bananas has (1/4) again as many bananas as a second bunch. If the second bunch has 3 bananas less than the first bunch, then the number of bananas in the first bunch is?
12. Mr. X, a mathematician, defines a number as ,connected with 6 if it is divisible by 6 or if the sum of its digits is 6, or if 6 is one of the digits of the number. Other numbers are all ,not connected with 6,. As per this definition, the number of integers from 1 to 60 (both inclusive) which are not connected with 6 is
13. Between two book-ends in your study are displayed your five favourite puzzle books. If you decide to arrange the five books in every possible combination and moved just one book every minute, how long would it take you ?
A. 1 hour
B. 2 hours
C. 3 hours
D. 4 hours
14. Six products U,V,W,X,Y and Z are to be placed in display windows of a shop. There are six display windows numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 and one product is to be put in one window. Moreover U cannot be immediately to the left or immediately to the right of V. W must be immediately to the left of X, Z cannot be in window number 6.
If X is placed in window no:3, then W must be placed in which window?
15. Two cars start from the opposite places of a main road, 150 km apart. First car runs for 25 km and takes a right turn and then runs 15 km. It then turns left and then runs for another 25 km and then takes the direction back to reach the main road. In the mean time, due to minor break down the other car has run only 35 km along the main road. What would be the distance between two cars at this point?
16. A boy rode his bicycle Northward, then turned left and rode 1 km and again turned left and rode 2 km. He found himself 1 km west of his starting point. How far did he ride northward initially?
A. 1 km
B. 2 km
C. 3 km
D. 5 km
17. Read each paragraph carefully and answer the question given below it.
The future of women in India is quite bright and let us hope that they will justify their abilities by rising to the occasion. Napoleon was right when he declared that by educating the women we can educate the whole nation. Because a country can never rise without the contribution of 50% of their population.
The passage best supports the statement that:
A. India is striving hard for the emancipation of women.
B. all women should be well educated.
C. a nation can progress only when women are given equal rights and opportunities as men.
D. women ought to be imparted full freedom to prove their worth and contribute to the progress of the nation.
18. Read each paragraph carefully and answer the question given below it.
The virtue of art does not allow the work to be interfered with or immediately ruled by anything other than itself. It insists that it alone shall touch the work in order to bring it into being. Art requires that nothing shall attain the work except through art itself.
This passage best supports the statement that:
A. art is governed by external rules and conditions.
B. art is for the sake of art and life.
C. art is for the sake of art alone.
D. artist realises his dreams through his artistic creation.
19. A printer numbers the pages of a book starting with 1 and uses 3189 digits in all. How many pages does the book have ?
20. The taxi charges in a city comprise of a fixed charge, together with the charge of the distance covered. For a journey of 16 km, the charges paid are Rs. 156 and for a journey of 24 km, the charges paid are Rs. 204. What will a person have to pay for travelling a distance of 30 km?
Acccenture Aptitude Questions
1. In a stream running at 2kmph,a motar boat goes 6km upstream and back again to the starting point in 33 minutes.find the speed of the motarboat in still water.
2. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
A. 120 m
B. 240 m
C. 300 m
D. None of these
3. If the sales tax reduced from 3 1/2 % to 3 1/3%, then what difference does it make to a person who purchases an article with market price of Rs. 8400 ?
4. The ratio between the length and the breadth of a rectangular park is 3 : 2. If a man cycling along the boundary of the park at the speed of 12 km/hr completes one round in 8 minutes, then the area of the park (in sq. m) is:
5. , What value will replace the question mark in each of the following equations ?
(i) ? - 1936248 = 1635773 (ii) 8597 - ? = 7429 4358
6. A sum of money is to be distributed among A, B, C, D in the proportion of 5 : 2 : 4 : 3. If C gets Rs. 1000 more than D, what is B,s share?
A. Rs. 500
B. Rs. 1500
C. Rs. 2000
D. None of these
7. A sum at simple interests at 13 % per annum amounts to Rs.2502.50 after 4 years find the sum.
8. Ahil borrowed some money at the rate of 6% p.a. for the first two years , at the rate of 9% p.a. for the next three years , and at the rate of 14% p.a. for the period beyond five years. 1 he pays a total interest of Rs. 11, 400 at the end of nine years how much money did he borrow ?
9. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
10. Two cards are drawn at random from a pack of 52 cards.what is the probability that either both are black or both are queen?
11. Family consists of two grandparents, two parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
12. A man traveled from the village to the post-office at the rate of 25 kmph and walked back at the rate of 4 kmph. If the whole journey took 5 hours 48 minutes, find the distance of the post-office from the village.
13. The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average age of the team?
A. 23 years
B. 24 years
C. 25 years
D. None of these
14. Two pipes can fill a tank in 10hours and 12 hours respectively while a third, pipe empties the full tank in 20 hours. If all the three pipes operate simultaneously, in how much time will the tank be filled?
Ans- 7 hours 30 minutes
15. Find the L.C.M. of 16, 24, 36 and 54.