1. four family names are given clark ,flure,miller ,jac and their members name are given Stacy ,robin,Erica,mandy . but not in order.( u hav to find which frend belongs to which family) Each friend prepares salad using 3 different fruits . they are given apple, cherry, grape, banana., no two friends uses the same combination.
Various conditions are given and 4 ques asked.
1. Robin is not belonging to miller family he used apples.
2. Erica is not a miller not a Clark.
3. Clark family used cherries and grapes but flure used one of these not both.
4. Mandy and miller used apples and cherries
1. Which fruit did Mandy didn,t used?
2. What are the fruits used in miller salad?
3. Robin belongs to which family?
4. What r the Common fruits used in robin and Erica salads?
2. there r some bees in a garden..1/5th of them went to a particular
flower,1/3rd went to another flower,3 times the difference of the above
two went to third flower..n one was remaining n it was roaming
around..how many bees were there? (3 marks)
Four persons A, B, C and D are playing cards.
Each person has one card, laid down on the table below him, which
two different colours on either side.
The colours visible on the table are Red, Green, Red and Blue.
They see the color on the reverse side and give the following
A: Yellow or Green
B: Neither Blue nor Green
C: Blue or Yellow
D: Blue or Yellow
Given that out of the 4 people 2 always lie find out the colours on the
cards each person.
4. In a dark room, there is a box containing 5 white balls, 5 black balls, 5 yellow balls, 5 blue balls, and 5 red balls. What is the least number of balls to be chosen so as to ensure a pair of socks has been drawn ?
5. out of 100 people , 85 had cars, 70 had mobiles, 80 had own house,75 people had bikes. How many people had all of these ?
6. 6. A and B together had set their watch at showing same time. Unknowing to both of them, As watch is fast by 1 minute and Bs watch is slow by 2 minutes. After the couple of hours, when they looked at their watch ,, it was found that As watch was 1 hour ahead of Bs watch.. Can you say how long it is before their difference in time is 1 hour..but after setting their watch at same time..
7. Ajit was driving down the country side when he saw a farmer tending his pigs and ducks in his yard. Ajit asked the farmer how many of each he had.
The farmer replied that there were 60 eyes and 86 feet between them.
How many ducks and how many pigs were there ?
8. This question about footprint in kitchen.. three brothers annie, danny, fanny. Their mother asks them about something stolen from the kitchen.. From these children, one tells truth, and other two tell lies .Annie says I didnt do it , Fanny says Danny did it, and Danny says fanny says lie .. the question is to find whose footprint in the kitchen
9. This question is about to find the ages of three persons.. Three statements from each person will be given. And from the 3 statements from each person, one statement will be false and the other two will be truth. So totally 9 statements there. With the help of these information , we have to find the ages of these 3 persons.
10. In a box, there will be a certain number of papers in some order, each containing person name. A manager was asked to choose the people from the box randomly, say 5%.(ie., 5% of people should have to be taken). The manager picks first one and left the next, picks third one and left next 2 , and picks sixth one and left next 3. and goes on.
When he picks the last one, it is actually the final one in the box.!!.. so he got 5% people from the box.. what was the total no of papers in the box ?
1>( 3 marks)
Sandy,s uncle died leaving 1000 rs behind to be distributed among his five nephews.
The money is to be divided among the nephews according to their ages. A person gets
Rs 20 more than his immediate younger brother.Sandy being the youngest what was his share?
Ans. Rs 160.0
It was quite an easy one.
let sandy,s share be x
2> ( 4 marks)
Rohit was descending from the elavator which was not working. When he had stepped down
7 steps his sir started from the bottom of the elevator and they passed each other and when Rohit had still 4 steps to go down, his sir reached at the top. Taking into consideration that sirs 2 steps took same time as Rohits one what were the total no of steps?
let no of steps be x
Distance covered by Rohit = x-7-4 (7 steps already covered and 4 were still to go)
Distance covered by sir = x
Speed of Rohit =s
Speed of sir = 2s
Time taken is equal in both the cases so
(x-7-4) / s = x / 2s
2x 22 = x
3> ( 3 marks)
A vendor who is an ex-mathematician has a number of apples and when he arranges them in rows of 3 he is left with one more, when he arranges them in rows of 5 again he is left with 1 more, Same happens with when he tries to arrange them in rows of 7 and 9 that is 1 apple is left extra.
But when he arranges them in a row of 11 he is left with none. Can u tell me how many apples were there?
the no is a multiple of 3,5,7,9 + a remainder of 1. So
3* 5* 7* 9= 945 + 1 =946
946 /11= 86
so it is divisible by 11 also.
4> ( 4 marks)
A theft was reported in a p[olice station and police detained 3 persons Tommy, Lee and Andy on the basis of doubt. However everyone said that he did not steal and one among the other two is the thief. Later on police came to know that Tommy was lying. Who was the real thief?
He gave 2 false statements:
1: he didnt steal though he was the thief.
2: one among the other two did it. If he is the thief how can other 2 do it.
It was very easy and infact that created a doubt n everyone cross checked it again n again to be sure as nobody was expecting such a simple puzzle.
5> (6 marks)
The temperature is noted for 5 consecutive days and it is noted that no two days have the same temperature. Moreover the product of all the 5 readings is 12. The difference is noted to the nearest degrees. What were the readings of the temperature?
Ans: -2, -1, 1, 2, 3
Factors of 12: 4*3,6*2
2*2*3 bt 2 cant b repeated so 2 and to nullify -ve sign 1 is there
so 2 *-1 * 1 * 2 *3 = 12
6> ( 8 marks)
There are five persons in an office in the post of buyer, clerk, footwalker, manager,cashier.
Allen, Benett, Clark, Ewinger, Davis holds the post.
Among the 5 two have their lunch time from 11:30- 12:30 and the rest have it in 12:30 1:30
Mrs Allen and Mrs Benett are sisters.
Cashier and clerk share their lunch among themselves.
Two Bachelors share their rooms.
Davis and Ewinger doesnt face each other from the day Davis reported Ewinger to the Manager when he returned from lunch and found out that Ewinger has already left for lunch before time.
I m not sure about the answers bt question was like this
Lunch 11:30 12:30
Davis ( from the 5th point he takes lunch in the earlier session)
Davis cant be manager
lunch 12:30 1:30
Ewinger( form the 5th point he takes
lunch in 2nd session
Ewinger cant be manager
A dice has faces 1 against 6, 3 against 5 and 2 against 4 always. How many such combinations of faces are possible in a dice?
keeping 1 and 6 fixed, we can have two combinations of 6 and 3, and two of 2 and 4 that means four. And interchanging 1 and 6 we can have two more combinations that means with one pair 8 combinations are there : 4*2=8. Similarly with other two also 8 combos. So in all 8*3=24 combos are possible.
8> (4 marks)
A boys age is 5 times as old as his sister. His fathers age is twice to that of his mother who is five times as old as the boy. The sum of all of them equals to that of his grandmother who is celeberating his 81st birthday. How old is the boy?
5 years old
let boys age b x
sisters = x/5
81*5 = x+5x+ 25x +50x
405 = 81x
so boys age is 5 years
9> (6 marks)
It was something like 4persons take part in a race and got different ranks.what weretheir ranks: John, black, Wee, Anthony
Conditions were given like
If John stood first then wee cant be on 4th position and Anthony at 2nd postion.
Similarly 4 5 conditions were given
10> (8 marks)
An easy question with 4 subparts
A painter has 7 paintings and he follow certain rules while exhibiting the paintings:
Never places x and y in the same exhibit
If y is there z is also there
U is there if and if only w is there
Following these constraints 4 questions were asked based on the possible combinations in the exhibit
After the puzzle round half an hours general english test was there . It was very easy having 45 questions
Result was anounced the same day
Next day in the morning I had my intrview . It was very general hr round .Two persons were there asking general qua\estions.
Questions of intrvw:
what is the difference u faced while working in a team during ur training? Dont u think more options and suggestions mean confusion.
What if a person in ur team is always talking against u in all matters without listening to ur part?(leave it to team leader)
Why 5th gear is provided in new cars?(for speed)
My dad was frm army.So they asked wat u like abt army.(uniform, respect, discipline)
What all places have u been during the transfers and how did that affect u in ur life and y did u think so.( adjustable and adaptable)
They gave me one sequence of numbers and without giving much time asked me the approach I was following to solve that. I was nt able to solve it bt I explained d approach to them.
Asked my hobbies .My toughest time in whole life an happiest moment.
Questions u want to ask from us.
QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE - RS AGGARWAL(For basic knowledge in all concepts-Atleast just see the formulae and examples)
Puzzles Insight -Y.R.K.Mahesh (This is a very good book)
50/- A Bookstal atl Avenue road,Bangalore
Puzzles to Puzzle You-Shakuntala Devi
Puzzles and Teasers -George J SummersQuestions were marked as 3,3,3,4,4,6,6,5,8,8
If u find any wrong answer please send me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1). A frog falls down in a well 30 ft deep. Every day it jumps 3 ft up and
every night it falls down by 2ft. How many days it takes to come out
of the well.
Ans 28 days.
2). There is a 1 km long wire placed on some no. of poles which r in equal distance. If the no of poles
is reduced by 1 then the distance of wire between each poles
increases 1 2/3.how many poles are there initially.
Ans: Let there r N poles before.
Then the distance betn two adjacent poles is =1000/(N-1)
After removing one pole distance betn two adjacent poles is= 1000/(N-2)
Now 1000/(N-1) + (5/3) = 1000/(N-2)
(N-1) * (N-2) =600
Solve it ans is 26
3). B is younger than C and older than A
F is younger than A and older than E
G is younger than H and older than F
Like this few more stmts were there .It was so easy..... (3 m)
4). For every one hour two trains will start at the same time ,one from Bangalore to Madras another
from Madras to Bangalore On parallel tracks. All trains travel with same speed and each train will
take 5 hours to reach the other station.How many trains, one train will meet during the journey?
1 2.5 hrs
2 3.0 hrs
3 3.5 hrs
4 4.0 hrs
5 5.0 hrs
5). A jeweller is having a left and right window display cases and some gems like amethyst A, diamond D,E,S,R,G,O
In each window he should display 3 ornaments.
1. A should be only on left side window in inclined position
2. D should be only on right side window in inclined position
3. S,E should be placed together only
4. R cannot be placed on the side of D or G.
4 questions were there like
1.What is the possible case on the left window , from the following
2.What is the possible case on the right side window
3.I f X,Y pair occurs on left side window, what r the possibilities for right hand window
4.I f P,Q pair occurs on right side window, what r the possibilities for left hand window
This was the pattern ,They were so easy (8 marks)
6). A and B write a test
A says " i got a third of the ques. wrong"
b says " i got 5 wrong"
together they got three quarters of the questions correct.
how many did A get correct. (5 m)
Ans suppose there r total x Qs then
( x * 2/3 ) + ( x 5 ) = ( 2x * ) => x= 30
7). clark ,jones,mason, smith are 4 ppl. there are 4 professions
druggists,grocer,butcher,policeman.find out who is who (8 m)
1)clark and jones are neighbours and they drive each other to work.
2)jones earns more than mason
3) the butcher walks to work
4) clark always beats smith while bowling ,
5) the police man earns more than the druggists and the grocer.
6) the policeman never met druggist.
7) policeman met the grocer only once when he caught by the policeman for speeding.
(Means he was caught driving his vehicle crossing the speed limit )
i hope i did not miss any conditon
I dont know the answer,If someone knows please tell me.
8). Natives of one town always Lie.Visitors always tell truth.One day I went to the town,and I met one Sales Person and soon he became my friend.We went to one hotel to have lunch. I wanted to know whether the sales person is a visitor or native to that town without asking directly.I told him to go and ask a woman in the hotel asARE YOU A VISITOR?.He went to her and asked her,and he came back and saidShe Said YES.Now can u tell me whether the salesperson is visitor or Native?
Ans : Suppose take the below cases
N N No
N V No
V N YES
V V YES
9) 3 people M,H,G gave 3 statement each, of which 2 are true and 1 is false.
what are M,H,G ,s ages.
M: 1. m=22
H: 1. H is not youngest
2. H,G difference is 3
10). In how many ways you can arrange the numbers on the die .There is only condition that
1,6 and 2,5 and 3,4 will always be on the opposite sides.
Ans (6C3) *3! = 120 (3 marks)
Puzzles Insight -Y.R.K.Mahesh (This is a very good book)
50/- I bought it in a bookstall ,Avenue road,Bangalore
Puzzles to Puzzle You-Shakuntala Devi
Puzzles and Teasers -George J Summers Part-I Mind Teasers
The Joker Page 43,Long Word Page 65,
Fathers and Sons Page 69, Sum Word Page 81,
Sitting Ducks Page 84, The High Suit page 88