A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, youll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
This position is an embedded software engineer within the Lifestyle Automotive Audio division. Products that will be developed are OEM automotive amplifiers and other similar audio processing products. Products typically consist of a main microcontroller for configuration, communication and control and a DSP processor for audio processing. Position will consist of working as part of a software development team for the development of amplifier products. Software development work will be mainly deeply embedded, written in C, occasionally additional testing or development tools may need to be developed on a PC.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
The engineer will be responsible for developing production ready software following a defined software development process. The engineer must be capable of analyzing specifications, developing unit designs, developing unit test plans, integration test plans and verifying functionality. The engineer will be responsible for the development of embedded system based application software for an amplifier product(s). The engineer must be able to understand the requirements for specific project/programs and be able to develop drivers, services and applications in Emdedded C and RTOS environment.
- Embedded systems architecture with any RTOS
- Working experience in developing embedded system based application
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debuggers, emulators, compilers, etc).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved and that C1 coverage is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program supported by local SMEs
- Work with off-shore development and validation teams to support in the software development activity.
- Communicate and interface directly to the OEM customers supported by regional SME.
- Problem solving skills
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Work with external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups..
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent.
- 6+ years of microcontroller embedded software development or testing.
- 6+ years of C or other structured language.
- 3+ years of Automotive embedded systems development and testing
- Experience in developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experienced working with off-shore development teams.
- Experienced with project schedules.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical or Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with audio processing.
- Experience with uC-OSII or other embedded RTOS
- Experience with micro controllers (e.g. V850/RH850/S32k)
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Position is in Bengaluru, India
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson and Revel, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! ()
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()
A Career At Harmanas A Technology Leader That Is Rapidly On The Move, Harman Is Filled With People Who Are Focused On Making Life Better. Innovation, Inclusivity And Teamwork Are A Part Of Our Dna. When You Add That To The Challenges We Take On A
Looking for Any Graduate / Post Graduate graduates profile.