Petroleum, gas and chemical process operators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate electronic or computerized control panel from a central control room to monitor and optimize physical and chemical processes for several processing units
- Control process start-up, shut-down and troubleshooting
- Monitor outside process equipment
- Adjust equipment, valves, pumps and controls and process equipment
- Authorize or co-sign maintenance work orders
- Shut down, isolate and prepare process units or production equipment for maintenance
- Sample products, perform tests, record data, carry out statistical process control on process operations, and write production logs
- Develop operator procedures for normal operation, start-up or shut-down of unit
- Participate in safety audits and programs and provide emergency response when required
- Ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations
- May rotate between different processing units during shift cycles
- May work in a team with shared supervisory responsibilities and participate in training other workers
- May be cross-trained in a skilled trade and work in the trade during shift cycles.
Main characteristics of the occupation
* Physical activities
* Environmental conditions
* Data, people, things
Petroleum, Oil, Grease, Industrial Chemical, Lubricant, Mining, Petrol
Petroleum, Gas And Chemical Process Operators Monitor And Operate Petroleum, Petrochemical And Chemical Plants And Monitor, Adjust And Maintain Processing Units And Equipment In These Plants. They Are Employed By Petroleum And Natural Gas Processing.
Looking for Any Graduate / Post Graduate graduates profile.