Our client (major German in-car navigation systems manufacturer) develops a new navigation digital maps conversion & preprocessing system together with Luxoft in order to:
- optimize route calculation on in-car computer considering memory & computational limitations
- prepare maps for fast 2D and 3D rendering
- compress digital maps to minimize their
- provide dynamic loading of map portions (regions) as required to minimize memory footprint.
This system is a Java application which heavily relies on open source libraries (GIS-specific like OpenGIS, GeoTools and general ones i.e. Java3D, Java ImageIO, Apache Commons etc.)
Besides the map compiler itself, we are developing a desktop Eclipse RCP/SWT appication to view the resulting maps, their verification, route calculation, monitor the compilation process etc. This application is based on an open-source GIS uDig.
1. Development, documentation and maintenance of software for the navigational/map conversion framework with specialization in digital map / GIS processing.
2. Development of the new features, change requests and bug fixes for the existing software
3. Be involved in unit testing, functional testing and code review. Define, execute and document software module tests and integration tests.
4. Review software requirements, architecture and design documents prepared by other software engineers
5. Act according to the requirements of the automotive industry and of Harman/Becker regarding in-car applications and software development processes.
6. Work as team in SAFE methodology.
- Strong knowledge of JavaSE / 2 years+
- OOP, OOD; design patterns / 2+
- SQL databases and Hibernate / 2+
- Good mathematical background, knowledge and abilities in algorithmic field / 3+
Nice to have
- Experience with Maven and Ant / 1+
- UML / 1+
- Experience with GIS technologies / 1+
- Agile understanding
- familiar with work inside Enterprise.
- be familiar with SAFe methodology. https://www.scaledagileframework.com/
Middle Java Engineer, Javase, Oop, Ood, Sql Databases, Hibernate,
Project Descriptionour Client (major German In-car Navigation Systems Manufacturer) Develops A New Navigation Digital Maps Conversion & Preprocessing System Together With Luxoft In Order To:- Optimize Route Calculation On In-car Computer Consider
Looking for Any Graduate / Post Graduate graduates profile.