|Listed Below are a few Group Discussion Topics
Satyam GD Probables:
1. US war on iraq-justified or not.
2. Role of UN in peacekeeping.
3. Position of Women in India compared to other nations.
4. Environment MAnagement.
5. Is China better than India in software.
6.Should SONIA gandhi be made the PM
7. BPOs in INDIA
8. Govt contribution to IT
9. will punch lines rule the Advt
10. premaritial sex
11. is china a threat to indian industry
12. india or west , which is the land of opportunities
13. water resources should be nationalised
14."BALANCE BETWEEN PROFESSIONALISM AND FAMILY"
15. Effect of cinema on Youth
16. Education in India compared to Foreign nations
17. Is it necessary to ban COCOCOLA in India.
18. What is the effect of movies on youth.(is it good or bad)
19. Are studies more benifitial in India or in Abroad.
20."UN's peace activities" and "America's war on Iraq".
22.Is China a threat to the indian software industry.
23.Role of UN in Peace keeping
24.War on Iraq
25.About Hockey being the primary game in India.
26.Can america occupy iraq
27.Cricket shud be banned or not.
28.IS CHINA A THREAT TO INDIA
29.Present state of Indian Cricket team.
30.Love marriage/Arranged marriage.
31.Advantages of Co-education.
1.How to deal with international terrorism.
2.Should we pursue our policy of dialogue with Pakistan?
3.Is peace and non-violence outdated concepts?
1.A Unipolar World spells disaster for underdeveloped countries like
2.Is Globalisation Really Necessary?
3.What shall we do about our ever-increasing Population?
4.Corruption is the price we pay for Democracy.
5.Foreign Television Channels are destroying our culture.
6.What India needs is a Dictatorship.
7.With media publishing and telecasting trivia, censorship is the
need of the hour.
8.Kaun Banega Krorepati is less about knowledge but more about money
9.Beauty contests degrade womanhood
10.The rise of regional blocs threatens independent nations like India
11.Six billion and one bronze!
12.Is dependence on computers a good thing?
13.Should the public sector be privatised?
14.China and India are similar nations with contrasting ways
15.Is India a Soft Nation?
16.Value based politics is the need of the hour
17.Religion should not be mixed with politics
18.How to deal with high oil prices
19.Our cricketers are not to blame for match fixing
20.Why cant we be world players in industry as we are in software?
21.Multinational corporations: Are they devils in disguise?
22.Should there be limits on artistic freedom (the controversy on
23.Should there be private universities?
24.Does banning fashion shows and New Year parties save our culture?
1.Are Big Dams Necessary?
2.Films are corrupting the Indian Youth
3.A Gandhian State selling liquor is an anomaly
4.Bride burning and dowry may look bad, but are an integral part of
5.Our Culture is Decaying
6.We are not serious about saving Wildlife/Environment
7.The education system needs serious reforms
8.The impact of MTV on our psyche
9.Showing Violence and Crimes should not be allowed in films and on
10.Let us legalise gambling
1.Is management an art or a science?
2.The Rush for MBA is really a rush for big money
3.Ethics in Business are just a passing fashion
4.The objective of Management is to maximise profits
5.Do professional managers have a chance in our family run businesses?
6.The Internet is an exercise in hype
7.Is an MBA necessary to succeed in life?
8.Family owned business vs professionally run businesses
9.Smaller businesses and start-ups have more scope for professional
10.Dot com or doubt com?
1.The Wheel is Turning Round and Round
2.If I was the Finance Minister/Prime Minister
3.There is no right way to do a wrong thing
4.Group Task: How can we have Mount Everest in India?
5.Do Beauty and Brains Go Together?
6.When I woke up in the morning I saw…
7.A ship docked in harbour cannot face the storms
8.Up the Down Staircase
9.Just as we have smoke free zones, we should have child free zones
10.Marriage is a social trap
1. The Internet chains have come on the wings of science and
technology but are no less restrictive for all that.
2. Secularism has become a tool to justify the wrongs done by the
3. Media is a mixed blessing/How ethical is media?
4. To fight AIDs, stop being coy about sex education.
5. What should India strive for- Westernization or modernization?
1. Developing countries need trade, not aid.
2. Why do we lag behind China?
3. Capitalism is a very flawed system but the others are so much worse.
4. Flexibility of labour laws is the key to attracting more Foreign
5. Is the business of business only business?
1. Reserving seats for women in Panchayat has not only been a farce
but has distracted from developing a more genuine voice of women.
2. Have the nuclear tests of 1998 benefited or harmed India?
3. Voters, not, political parties are responsible for the criminalisation
4. The voters are required to be well informed and educated about
their candidates so that they can elect the right aspirant by their
5. India should go for the presidential form of democracy.
1. In our economic matters, there is an excessive tendency towards
the thinking rather than doing.
2. Every cloud has a silver lining
3. Can the economy achieve an 8 percent growth rate?.
4. Is disinvestment really that good for India or is a rethink in
5. Are co-operatives relevant in today's globalised environment?.
6. Foreign aid is a dangerous drug that can stimulate in small doses
but become fatally addictive in larger doses.
7. Modern day sport in industrialised society is an industry, as
8. Government should clean its own hands before pointing finger
at the private sector for corruption.
9. Is the NPA ordinance too harsh?
10. Reforms have to grow up.
11. The future lies with glocalisation .
12. Is the consumer really the king in India?.
13. Globalisation versus nationalism
14. Conditional access system for cable TV watchers: boon or bane?
15. If India is poorly governed, the reason is that we have designed
our system of governance for protecting, if not encouraging, corruption?
16. Commercialisation of health care : Good or Bad ?
17. For globalisation to succeed in India people must be able to
see what is in it for them
18. Is the US economy headed the Japanese economy way?
19. Economic freedom not old fashioned theories of development will
lead to growth and prosperity
20. Markets left to themselves encourage greed.
21. For globalisation to succeed in India people must be able to
see what is in it for them
22. Should businessmen run the finance ministry
23. Should important services like transport be left to market forces?.
24. Is there any point in having a business strategy when the world
changes from month to month?
25. Is the patents bill good for India? .
26. Is the business of business only business?.
27. Globalisation is good for developing countries
28. Public sector being a guarantor of job security is a myth.
29. Is industryless growth here to stay ?
30. Capitalism is a very flawed system but the others are so much
31. How can business get rid of the bad name that it has earned?
32. Government pumping money into the economy is not the solution
for our economic problems
33. Business ethics are no longer a luxury for corporates but a
34. How should privatisation proceeds be utilised ?
35. Is the budgeting exercise of any use?
36. Should agricultural subsidies be stopped ?
37. Will Mumbai's film industry ever evolve into a truly modern
38. Will market reforms enrich rich states further, while poorer
ones lag further?.
39. Why do we lag behind China ?
40. Who says MNCs are superior to Indian companies ?.
41. Why not use a brand index to measure national prosperity?.
42. What we need to reduce scams is better regulatory bodies.
43. War rhetoric is misplaced in a country like India which is trying
to globalise its economy.
44. Trade can help the poor ?
45. The power ministry should cut off supplies to all the defaulting
46. Steal a few lakhs and you're a criminal. Steal a few hundred
crores and you become an industrialist.
47. Should PSUs be divested through strategic sale or public offer?
48. The state is above the law?
Management Education Topics
1. Managerial skills learnt in the classroom can never match those
learnt from experience
2. Democracy is hampering India progress
3. MBA in India is highly overrated.
4. Religion is a private affair and should be of no concern for
5. Decreasing defense expenditure and increasing social expenditure
is the need of the hour
1.Public sector is more a hindrance than help to promote socialism.
2.Economic betterment of the poorer nations is as important as disarmament
to ensure lasting world peace.
3.From public sector to privatization as in the U.K., is the right
answer for India's instant economic breakthrough.
4.The doctrine of "limited nuclear war" is an ill-convinced,
ill- logical, irrational and extremely dangerous concept.
5.Some simple but effective electoral reforms will enable us to
retain the present parliamentary system and ensure the preservation
of democracy in India.
6.We must have only two national parties to contest parliamentary
elections and regional parties should not be allowed to contest
for the same.
7.We can increase our food production not only to match our population
explosion but also for export provided we adopt modern, mechanized
farming methods with large size land holdings.
8.Nuclear war cannot be won and should not be fought.
9.Private enterprise and not public sector will contribute to faster
and higher economic growth in India.
10.Inflation is inevitable in our developing country.
11.The policy of reservation is a legacy of the British and it has
done more harm than good.
12.Do you think MBAs are useful in the manufacturing / production
13.For a marketing post graduate, without prior work experience
working in a big marketing firm is a disadvantage when compared
with working in a small firm. Discuss.
14.Consumerism is destroying the social fabric of Indian culture.
15.Free market is a prerequisite for growth.
16.Cricket as a national obsession is a detriment to other sports.
17.To develop India has to empower women.
18.Formulate the government's health policy to control the spread
19.Advertising is a waste of resources.
20.Privatization will lead to less corruption.
21.State is the biggest violator of human rights.
22.There can never be a classless society.
23.Beauty pageants are a marketing gimmick.
24.Voting rights to illiterates in India is illogical because it
is widely misused.
25.Joint family is a blessing in disguise.
26.Higher education should be made possible only for those who can
pay for it.
27.The weaker sex is the weakness of the stronger sex.
28.Women cannot successfully combine both career and home.
29.Women are good managers.
30.Executive should be allowed to form unions.
31.Effect of liberalization on poverty.
32.Indians perform better as individuals rather than in groups.
33.Business and ethics go hand in hand, or do they?
34.Developing countries should spend more on development than on
35.Political parties have outlived their utility.
36.Is Swadeshi relevant for India today?
37.Money is required to earn more money.
38.Foreign trade is necessary for any country to survive .
39.Presidential Vs Parliamentary form of government of India.
40.Technology: The Ism' Of The New Millennium?
41.Religion And Politics Should Not Mix
42.TRIPS Controversy And The Patent Act Amendment
43.Export Stagnation: Causes And Cures
44.Excessive Depiction Of Sex And Violence In Films
45.Classical Music Heritage And The Growing Pop- Culture
46.Decentralisation & The Panchayati Raj Institutions
47.Should India Sign The CTBT
48.State Interventions In Market Kind Or Mixed Economy
49.Science Is A Boon Or Bane
50.Is Swapping Terrorists For Hostages An Encouragement For Plane-
51.India and the political dynasties: The Nehru Family context
52.Nice Guys Finish Last
53.All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy
54.Individual Freedom And Civil Society
55.Conventionalism And Modernity: The Ever going Debate
56.Should There Be A Restriction On Permissiveness Being propagated
by The MTV Culture And Foreign Media?
57.Marxism And Its Future All Over The World
58.The Growing Menace Of Casteism And Regionalism
59.Presidential Form Of Government Is Needed In India
60.Bullet For Bullet: Is It The Right Policy?
61.Capitation Fees Should Be Abolished
62.Arranged Marriages Are Better Than The Love-Marriages
63.Brain-Drain Has To Be Stopped
64.Business And Ethics Can't / Don't Go Together
65.Are women As good as Men Or Inferior?
66.Nothing Succeeds Like Success
67.The Malthusian Economic Prophecy Is No Longer Relevant
68.Secessionism In The North-East: Who's To Blame?
69.Should India Break Diplomatic Ties With Pakistan?
70.Age and Youth: Experience And Young Talent
71.`East Is East & West Is Where All The Action Is': Mark Twain
72.Freedom Of _Expression And The State Authority.
73.Capital Punishment Should Be Abolished
74.Tuitions Should Be Banned
75.India Needs Gujral Doctrine For Better International Relations
76.Doctors' Accountability To Improve Health-Care
77.Universal Disarmament Is A Must
78.Indian Cricket Team Shouldn't Be Allowed To Play Abroad