Sikkim Manipal University MSc Nursing Admission 2018 – Sikkim Manipal College of Nursing (SMCON), Manipal University (MU), Manipal invites applications for admission to 2-year M.Sc. Nursing Program for the session 2018-19
About Manipal 2018
The University has off-campuses in Mangalore and Bangalore, and off-shore campuses in Dubai (UAE) and Melaka (Malaysia)
The Mangalore campus offers medical, dental, and nursing programs. The Bangalore Campus offers programs in Regenerative Medicine. The Dubai campus offers programs in engineering, management and architecture, and the Melaka campus offers programs in medicine and dentistry
- Last date for receipt of duly filled application form: 31st July 2018
- Counseling/admission: 13th & 14th August 2018
- Classes to commence:1st September 2018
Course Outline for MSc Nursing
- MSc Nursing is a TWO year program. Students have excellent and challenging opportunities to explore nursing through exposure visits to Communities, Primary Health Centres, and Community Health Centres.
- The college is recognised by the Indian Nursing Council, the regulatory authority for nursing education in India. The degree is awarded by the Sikkim Manipal University.
Field of specialization & no. of seats : Total seat 25
- MSc. Medical Surgical: 5 seats
- MSc. Obstetrics & Gynaecology Nursing: 5 seats
- MSc. Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing: 5 seats
- MSc. Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing: 5 seats
- MSc. Community Health Nursing: 5 seats
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic BSc. Nursing with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be given.
- The candidate should have undergone BSc. Nursing / BSc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic BSc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of experience in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- Post Basic BSc. Nursing graduate should have minimum one year of work experience prior or after in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council on the day of admission.
- The candidate registered as “Registered Nurse”( & not Midwife) will not be eligible for specialization in “ Obstetrics & Gynaecology Nursing”
- Candidate shall be medically fit. The candidate, selected for admission in MSc. Nursing course shall have to submit a medical fitness certificate from a physician during the admission.
- Candidates who have obtained degree qualification of distance mode will not be eligible for admission
- The following criteria will be applied to foreign students seeking admission to MSc. Nursing course:
- Equivalency of the degree of the candidate is to be recognized/ validated by Indian Nursing Council
- The candidates must have no objection certificates from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
- Admissions will be done on the inter-se merit of the candidates on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks secured in BSc Nursing/ PBBSc Nursing.
- During counselling eligible candidates will be allotted specialization of nursing according to their rank and number of seats available. The choice of specialization made by the candidate during counselling will be final and cannot be altered later.
- The physical presence of candidate at the time of counselling/admission is mandatory.
- Candidate can Apply Online at https://apply.smu.edu.in/
- The online application feature is available 24/7
Online application is a two- step process:
- First purchase the online application by paying Rs. 800/- online and on successful payment candidate will be provided with application number and password
- Then sign in using the application number and provided password to file online application
- While applying candidate need to keep ready scanned photo and signature to upload (.jpg format only with maximum file size 200KB, 200 px x 200 px) OR
- Candidate can dispatch completed application form along with the attested copies of necessary documents to the Admission Officer at the following address : Admission Officer, Sikkim Manipal University, 5th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok 737102, Sikkim
All applications to reach on or before 25/08/2018.Applicants are advised to keep a photocopy of filled up application form
SMCON, Sikkim Manipal College of Nursing, 5th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok-737102, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone No03592-232263, Mobile No- 09474356138, Website www.smu.edu.in