Job Description :
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provideindustry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBMand our clients worldwide At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who You Are:
As a writer on the IBM Cloud Pak content development team, you will be responsible for developing customer documentation You will collaborate with a diverse group of developers, designers, and testers in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines; coordinating your workload with the wider team but working independently.
In this role, you will need to quickly gain a sound theoretical and practical understanding of the technical details and produce documentation that delights our customers You will also advise the development team on style and language use within the product
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, and publish IBM technical content that is easy to use, easy to understand, and easy to find This content can take many forms: content embedded in the UI, messages, product documentation, API documentation, videos, graphics, support content, chatbots, training, and blogs
- Simplify technically complex concepts and details from multiple sources into consumable content that drives user actions.
Deliver clear, inclusive, accessible, and translated content for a global audience
- Estimate the workload and manage the project schedule by aligning with the overall product release schedule
- Verify technical accuracy through documentation, verification tests, and technical reviews by software developers
- Work on the end-to-end authoring process: design, development, editing, globalization and accessibility, production, translation, and life cycle management
- Work on projects that involve worldwide teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5yrs of IT industry experience
- 3+ years' experience writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability for a technical audience
- Proficient in markup languages (such as Markdown and HTM), source control (such as GitHub, FileNet) and authoring tools
- Proven ability to perform and use independent research
- Success working in a dynamic team-based development environment.
- Foundational understanding of UX design and design research
- Degree in Writing, English, Journalism, Communication, Information Design, or related field, or a technical degree
- Experience writing for globalization and accessibility
- Experience working in an agile, squad-based, continuous delivery development model
- Ability to document detailed technical content such as APIs and SDKs.
- Experience programming in any of the following languages: Java, Ruby, PHP, Python, Swift, Go, ObjectiveC, or Node
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent writing skills with strong research skills
- Have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently, with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to teamwork You have a volunteer spirit with a 'we succeed as a team' attitude.
- Able to be agile with dynamic schedules and priorities
- Like to solve challenging problems and think of new ways to deliver better content to our clients
- Able to define and apply consistent voice and tone throughout content journey
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible
Infinite Experiences Do your best work ever
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.