The Sr Design Engineer is responsible for generating CATIA V5 Body Engineering CAD concepts/ solutions for ongoing and new projects for Seating
Area of Responsibility
This position is responsible for creation of CAD geometry and Drawings in support of various seating projects. You will have
• Be responsible for the design and development of
– Seat structure, complete seat, OB/IB valance, Head rest, seat mounting brackets etc.
– Check assembly and packaging constrains in respect of adjustment possibilities
– Check process constrains (tool access, assembly steps) based on guidelines
– Create assembly models and skeleton using Catia V5
– Good knowledge of CAD Methodology and best practices for Part Design, Assembly Design, Drafting & Kinematics.
• Ensure data is up to date and reflects the required levels of maturity at any give point in time
• Provide CAD support, leading and progressing the design in line with the program timescales and deliverable cadence
• Ability to check and manage clearance to interface parts.
• Ensure manufacturing feasibility of parts.
• Ensuring issues that cannot be resolved are escalated to Lead Engineer
• Ensuring that the all project deliverables are met.
• Identifying all risks to the programme
• Extensive experience in using CATIA V5
• Good all round design skills
which must include past experience of working on at least one of seating systems
• Successful history of delivery within the automotive sector.
• Team Centre Engineering (TCE)
• Engineering knowledge of defined component(s) / system(s) design, function,performance, production & manufacturing requirements.
• Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels,
• BE/B. Tech in Mechanical/Production/ Automotive Engineering
Minimum: 03 Years 00 Month Maximum: 06 Years 00 Month
|Location||Pune , Maharashtra|
|Education||B.E. / B.Tech|
|Industry||Computers / IT|
|Job Type :||Full-time|
|Download Tata Technologies Placement Papers and Interview Questions|