Basic Function The Business Intelligence Senior Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the Business Intelligence team and the business users through the analysis of quantitative & qualitative data by designing database models both logical and physical. The position will perform in-depth data analysis; develop database models, database processes and functional analysis across various lines database methodologies specific to Business Intelligence. This role will provide oversight and input on database design decisions, best practices, and processes to a team of data analysts.
1. Work with Business Users to define and document explicit data requirements for implementing subject areas in the Operational Data Store and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
2. Work with a team of data analyst to provide input and oversight over database designs / models / processes.
3. Perform in-depth data analysis by writing complex PL/SQL queries on various source systems, data marts and data warehouse to find trends and anomalies in the data in support of the requirements for various strategic and/or tactical projects.
4. Serve as Subject Matter Expert on Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouse, DataMart has; guide the development design activities with assumptions and data dependencies.
5. Identify data quality issues and concerns and support the data governance initiative by being involved in various data initiatives.
6. Conduct on-going analysis of the business, operating practices, and data flows within and between various systems and applications.
7. Keeps informed of existing and evolving best practice, industry standards and technologies.
8. Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
9. Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for both internal programs and external licenses and certifications.
10. Develop and mmaintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with key business collaborates to meet expected customer service levels.
11. Complies fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.). 1.2 Experience in designing database models, logical and physical 13. Experience in designing database processes, governance and best practices.
Job Skills and Knowledge (applicable to both levels)
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technologies strongly preferred.
2. Prior hands-on experience in using ETL tools, Business Objects or other related BI tools 3. Prior hands-on experience in using Erwin a plus 4. Prior experience in Financial Services industry a plus.
5. Excellent analytical skills
6. Able to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
7. Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
8. Ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
9. Experience in ETL and BI tools
10. Proficient in SQL, writing queries, scripts and stored procedures
11. Proficient in designing database models (both logical and physical)
Basic Qualifications *Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Information technologies in a senior role required. *Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Data Analyst, preferably in a data-intensive financial company. *Minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced PL/SQL and Oracle queries and analysis.
Last date to apply : 2020-12-27
Computer Science, Financial Services, Stored Procedures, Data Analysis, Business Intelligence, Data Quality, Business Objects, Sql, Customer Service, Database Design