The Orissa Minerals Development Company Limited (OMDC), a Schedule 'B' Company, is engaged in mining and marketing of Iron Ore and Manganese Ore with the administrative jurisdiction of Ministry of Steel. It is a subsidiary of Eastern Investment Limited (EIL) which is a subsidiary of Rashtriyalspat Nigam Limited (RINL), calls for applications from eligible candidate to fill up the post of General Manager (Law). The place of posting may be at Company's Headquarters-Kolkata or Mines at Barbil, Dist- Keonjhar, Odisha or any Places as decided by the Company.
Name of Post & Grade
No. of Posts
Post Qualification experience (Experience
will be reckoned after the date of enrolment with Bar Council)
Pay scales Existing/To be revised
Degree in any disci-
45 years as
1. The candidate should have a minimum period of
pline with Graduate
on 1st April
18 years of post-qualification experience out of 10 years
Degree in Law of 3
of executive experience in Law Dept. of State Govt./Central
years duration OR
Govt./PSUs or in a reputed leading Private Company with
a minimum turnover of Rs.100 Crores dealing with
of 5 years duration.
Commercial Law, Labour law, Corporate Law.
2) The candidate also should have a minimum of two years'
experience of practice in any Bar/Dist. Court/High Court or
various legal Forums/Tribunals.
Ability to work with computer is must.
3) The candidates having practical experience in dealing
with issues relating to mining matters, industrial and labour
laws before various Courts/tribunals/judicial authorities will be
The candidates working in Govt./PSUs applying for above posts with requisite
the reverse side should be attached with the application.
qualification and experience as mentioned above must be working in the immediate
4. Submission of wrong documents/wilful suppression of information may lead to lower level/grade or equivalent grade for at least two years in the Govt./PSU in the Pay
cancellation of interview/appointment at any time even after joining the service. scale immediate lower to the post advertised and operated in OMDC Ltd.
5. Applicants working in Govt./PSU may submit their application through proper
Information to Applicants channel or otherwise they need to submit "No Objection Certificate (NOC)" at the
- Eligible applicants are to apply in the given format to be downloaded from the
- time of interview.
website www.birdgroup.co.in and send the same to SR.GM (T&P)-OMDC, Bird
6. The Company reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
Group of Companies , AG-104, 2nd Floor, Sourav Abasan ,Sector-II, Salt
7. Applicants will not have the claim of interview/appointment by merely submitting
Lake City, Kolkata-700091 by post. The cover should be superscripted with the application.
name of the post applied for.
8. The place of posting can be changed as per the requirements of the Company.
- Self Attested copies of all testimonials are to be attached with the application.
testimonials will be subject to verification at the time of interview. Following
9. Applications are to reach the SR.GM (T&P)-OMDC, Bird Group of Companies,
documents shall be submitted along with applications:
104, 2nd Floor, Sourav Abasan, Sector-II, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091
- SSC/Matric Certificate as a proof of Age.
- on or before 30 days of publication of the advertisement.
- Any application received after the due date will not be considered and will be liable for rejection.
- Certificates pertaining to Educational qualifications (Provisional/Final) along with
- The Company will not be responsible for any delay or non-receipt of the
Bar Council Membership Copy.
- NOC (in case of working in Govt./Semi. Govt./PSES).
- 10. The Company reserves the right to relax the age or experience in case of an
- exceptionally suitable candidates to fill the post.
- Proof of Pay.
- 11. The Company reserves the right to cancel the notification/recruitment at any
- Proof of Turnover i.e. audited profit & loss account.
- stage without assigning any reason.
- Proof of category certificate.
- 12. The candidate must have a valid email-id.
3. Two recent passport size photographs (in Colour) signed by the candidates on
Looking for MBA / PGDM / MBM , LLB graduates profile.