Job Description :
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Cloudera Architect you will be an exemplary technical leader in your areas of practice You bring deep experience and strategic insight spanning from Architecture, Design and Development leadership to client facing solution skills which are among the best in the industry.
This role is crucial to realizing cutting edge On-Perm, Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Capabilities and Solutions for clients worldwide
The role would involve working with highly skilled infrastructure architects and deployment specialists in taking up challenging internal IBM projects to develop and execute complex solutions for IBM clients worldwide In conjunction with IBM Distinguished Engineers and other key leaders, the Storage Architect would also provide guidance to the larger global Community of Practice (CoP) in their area and drive important community supported projects He or She will prioritize building critical intellectual capital that may eventually be leveraged by the wider IBM audience through development of best-in-class reusable assets often using bleeding edge technologies on "First of a Kind" projectsResponsibilities:
- Design and implement solutions to address business problems in various industry verticals.
- Drive Proof of Concept (POC) and Proof of Technology (POT) evaluation on interoperable technology platforms
- Train and mentor developers towards solution development and POC/POT execution
- Support presales engineering activities for Cloudera Hadoop based RFPs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in IT industry
- Design and implement Cloudera Hadoop based big data solutions, including leadership role in design to develop shared/reusable components
- Experience in Hadoop Technologies - HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, H-base, Cloudera manager
- Good working knowledge of Pig Scripting, Oozie workflow and HBASE
- Define and develop client specific best practices around data management within a Hadoop environment
- Hands on experience on Core Java in Linux environment
- Work with functional team/ Frameworks team to understand requirements and translate them to technical specifications
- Cloudera certified
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge on automation tools like Core Java & Linux
- Experience on Pig Scripting, Oozie workflow and HBASE
- Knowledge of technologies like clustering, directory services, and identity management
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network.
It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinkingIf you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS isthe place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible
Infinite Experiences Do your best work ever
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.