Category (Placement Paper or Interview Experience): Placement Paper
Date Conducted: 17 Dec 2007
INFOSYS PAPER ON 17th DECEMBER AT MUMBAI
Infosys Aptitude Test conducted on 17th Dec, 2006 at St. Xavier,s College Mumbai.
Hello Friends, i have given the aptitude test and the H.R. Interview of infosys
I have cleared Both the rounds and am recruited by Infosys.
I would like to give u an idea about my experience so that u can prepare well for our tests.
The Aptitude test of Infosys Consists Of 2 sections
1.) Puzzles - 30 questions - 45 mins
2.) English - 40 questions - 30 mins
70 questions - 75 mins
We were lucky not to have the cube puzzle, but be prepared with it. Very Important. They always ask it.
So it comes up to 75 Questions - 75 mins
For Puzzles refer R. S. Aggarwal (Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning)
Q.) 1 - 5 Sequential Order Of Things (Puzzle)
Q.) 6 - 10 Choose The Missing Figure In The Series (Non Verbal Reasoning)
Q.) 11 - 15 Data Sufficiency
Q.) 16 - 20 Data Interpretation
Q.) 21 - 25 Comparison Type Question (Puzzle)
Q.) 25 - 30 Logical Reasoning (Syllogism)
Q.) 1 - 5 Reading Comprehension
Q.) 6 - 10 reading Comprehension
Q.) 11 - 15 Analogy
Q.) 16 - 20 Synonyms
Q.) 21 - 25 Antonyms
Q.) 26 - 30 Fill in the Blanks
Q.) 31 - 35 Correct way to form a sentence
Q.) 35 - 40 Statement - Arguments, Assumptions, Conclusions, Inference
All the questions asked in the aptitude test are the solved examples from R. S. Aggarwal (Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning)
Go Through each and every chapter of it. Do not Leave any thing.
Important Chapters From R.S. Aggarwal (Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning)
Section I - General Mental Ability
Chp 4 - Coding Decoding
Chp 5 - Blood Relations
Chp 6 - Puzzle Test (Very Important)
Chp 7 - Sequential Output Tracing
Chp 8 - Direction sense Test
Chp 9 - Logical Venn Diagrams
Chp 11 - Numbers, Ranking & Time Sequence Test
Chp 14 - Mathematical reasoning (Very Important)
Chp 16 - Data Sufficiency (Very Important)
Section II - Logical reasoning
Chp 1 - Logic (Syllogism) (Very Important)
Section III - Non Verbal Reasoning
Chp 1 - Series (Very Important)
Chp 2 - Analogy
Chp 3 - Classification
Chp 5 - Mirror Images
Chp 6 - Water Images
Chp 14 - Cubes And Dices (Very Important)
H.R. Questions Asked are -
1. Go Through Your RESUME very well. The very First thing they can ask is from it. It can be Anything from Resume
2. What is your Objective?
3. Computer Proficiency
4. Language Proficiency
5. Your Interests / Hobbies
6. What Skills do u Possess (Strengths) / Any Weakness in you
7. What do u know about infosys? Refer the above paragraph for it.
8. Why do u want to join infosys
9. Why should infosys select you
10. Why did u choose IT Sector
11. Tell me something about yourself.
12. Tell me about your family
13. What Projects have u worked in
14. What was your Part in the project
15. What was the Biggest Difficulty faced in your project and how did u tackle it and what did u learn from it
16. Given a chance to choose between any other company and Infosys which would you select and why
17. Who is the Publisher and Editor of Times Of India
18. What is the Tag Line Of Infosys
19. Who is The CEO of Infosys
20. Who is The Chairman of Infosys
21. On 18th Dec, 2006 there was a Test Match Between India and South Africa. It was The third day of the match. They Asked me The Latest Score
22. What is the difference between normal cooking and cooking in a pressure cooker
23. Explain the mechanism of cooling in AC and refrigerators
24. What are the Unusual uses of a bottle, water glass, pen, tie etc
25. Use The Number 4 sixteen times and make the total of 1000
26. There are 10 candles with you. Arrange them in such a way that it comprises of 5 lines and 4 candles in each line.
27. Any questions from your side.
Prepare well for your tests from R.S. Aggarwal (Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning), apti is easy, and H.R. is just a formality