NEET 2019 – National Testing Agency announces NEET 2019 Exam Dates. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will be organized by the NTA (National Testing Agency) twice in a year. It is the only national level medical entrance exam.It is organized for providing admission in MBBS, BDS & Ayush Courses offered by all Indian Medical Colleges
Medical Entrance Exam
- The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Test was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018. NEET (UG) is applicable for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of MCI /DCI under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
- Exam dates of NEET 2019 to be held in February and May months are officially out. Also, NEET 2019 application form opening and last dates, result declaration have been announced. Candidates preparing for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) 2019 must note down all the dates and make sure to stick to them.
- All important dates of NEET 2019 such as application form, admit card, answer key, result can be checked from this page. Check dates and apply on time.
New Changes Introduced
On the proposal of Union Health Ministry, MCI approved several changes in the NEET UG entrance exam. Below we have listed the new changes introduced last year:
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have joined 15% All India Quota scheme. Candidates of these states need not to submit Self Declaration form now.
Aadhaar Card is also not compulsory to fill the NEET Application. But, candidates have to require any ID proof to apply for the exam.
Indian candidates those who wish to pursue MBBS/BDS in foreign nationals; they have to qualified NEET UG exam.
The attempt limit has been removed from the last year. Now, candidates may attempt the NEET untill the age limit as per their categories.
As per officials the exam will be bilingual (except language chosen in English).
NEET 2019 Dates
Feb 2019 Exam
- Release of Application Form: 01st October 2018
- Application Submission Last Date: 31st October 2018
- Last Date to Pay the Fee: Last week of October 2018
- Correction Window Open: 1st week of November 2018
- Admit Card Available: 1st week of January 2019
- Date of Exam: 03rd February to 17th February 2019
- Answer Key & OMR Release: Within a week after exam
- Announcement of Result: 01st week of March 2019
- Counselling begins: 2nd week of June 2019
For May 2019 Exam
- Online Submission of Application Forms: 02nd week of March 2019
- Application Submission Last Date: 2nd week of April 2019
- Last date to pay the fee: 02nd week of April 2019
- Correction Window Open: 03rd week of April 2019
- Admit Card Available: 01st week of May 2019
- Date of Exam: 12th May to 25th May 2019
- Announcement of Result: 01st week of June 2019
- Counselling begins: 02nd week of June 2019
Medical (MBBS and BDS) Seats offered through NEET 2019
- All India Quota Seats
- State Govt. Quota Seats where the State Govt. concerned so opts
- Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University
NEET UG 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Students must check their eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates can check the detailed NEET 2019 eligibility criteria from below:
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years
- The maximum age limit will be 25 years (30 years for SC/ST & OBC)
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET UG.
- Candidates belong to J&K state will be eligible to apply for 15% All India Quota on the basis of self-declaration
- Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination
- In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General category candidates
- In respect of the candidates with benchmark disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying exam shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Provided that two years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-UG. Furthermore, study of Biology/Bio-technology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible
- Those who are appearing in Class XII Exam in 2019 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later
- As the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana have decided to join and contribute their MBBS/BDS seats for the allotment to the candidates under 15% All India Quota from the academic year 2019 onward, the candidates belonging to these States shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats
NEET (UG) 2019 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be organized on 03rd February to 17th February 2019 (Feb exam) & 12th May to 25th May 2019 (May Exam).
- The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at centre only
- The duration of test would be 03 hours (10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
Language of the Question Papers
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi;
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later;
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English
Syllabus for the NEET Test
- A common syllabus will be prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India) for the NEET UG exam. NEET 2019 syllabus will contain physics, chemistry and biology subjects. Students can check the detailed syllabus from below:
- Physical world and measurement; Laws of Motion; Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body; Properties of Bulk Matter; Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory; Electrostatics; Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism; Electromagnetic Waves; Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation; Electronic Devices, etc.
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry; Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties; States of Matter: Gases and Liquids; Equilibrium; Hydrogen; p-Block Elements; Hydrocarbons; Solid State; Electrochemistry; Surface Chemistry; p-Block Elements; Coordination Compounds; Alcohols; Phenols and Ethers; Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in Living World; Cell Structure and Function; Human Physiology; Structural Organization in Animals and Plants; Plant Physiology; Reproduction; Biology and Human Welfare; Ecology and Environment; Genetics and Evolution; Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
- The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a Common Syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India and implemented in the year. Please see Appendix-I for details
- The syllabus for NEET 2019 is same as last year’s. There are no changes in the syllabus. It comprises of physics, chemistry, biology
- List of cities where the NEET (UG) – 2019 will be conducted is given at Appendix-II
- In case, instructions are not complied with, CBSE may allot the centres different from the choice given or cancel the candidature
- Candidates should fill the application form as per the instructions given in the information bulletin. Below we are providing NEET 2019 application form details:
- The application form will be issued through online mode only. No application will be entertained through offline mode.
- NEET UG registration 2019 will be commenced from the 01st October 2018 (Feb Exam) & Second week of March 2018 (May Exam).
- Official website of NTA NEET 2019 Exam Dates is nta.ac.in
- For General /OBC Candidates: Rs.1400 (INR)
- For SC/ST/PH Candidates: Rs.750/- (INR)
- Fee payment can be done through credit/debit card, net banking, UPI and e-wallet. Service tax will also be applicable
- Candidates if required may take the assistance of Common Services Centres for filling up the application form