IIM Calcutta has released a notice for CAT 2018 Registration by Non IIM institutions, – “ Non IIM Institutions, interested to avail CAT 2018 scores for admitting students to their post graduate programme for 2019-21 batch are requested to download the MOU and Application Form. The links for download are given IIM Calcutta- CAT 2018
CAT 2018 Registration Requirements:
IIMs- IIMs accept CAT scores by default and do not need any institutional registration for CAT .
Non IIMs– All Non IIMs whether Govt or Private, University affiliated College, Autonomous MBA college, Private PGDM college, they have to sign the MOU to accept CAT score and have to pay the requisite institutional CAT Registration fee to IIMs.
Steps for CAT 2018 Registration Process by Non IIMs
- Download the CAT 2018 MOU Document and Application Form from IIM Calcutta website.
- Pay the Annual Fee.
- Fill up the application form and MOU and send the scanned copies duly filled in, signed and stamped along with required enclosures as mentioned inside the application form by email.
- You are required to send duly filled in signed and stamped MOU(2copies), Application Form (1 copy) in original and other supporting documents (hard copies) as specified in MOU and Application Form to Admission Office of IIM Calcutta latest by July 25 at the CAT Centre, Admission office, IIM Calcutta.
All the Non IIMs who register for CAT 2018 will be provided the regular updates.
The Member non IIMs will be provided with list of candidates who appeared in CAT 2018 with their
Scores to facilitate the admission process at the institute.
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website
Click here or more education news.
- CAT Exam is conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
- The paper for CAT comprises 3 sections – VARC, DILR and Quant. A total of 100 questions are to be attempted in 180 minutes. Check CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- Nearly 70% questions in CAT are likely to carry negative marking of 1/3 marks.
- IIM Calcutta is speculated to convene CAT almost after a gap of 6 years.
- IIM Kozhikode and IIM Bangalore are other two major contenders for organizing CAT 2018.
- TCS – Tata Consultancy Services will be the test-taking agency for CAT
- CAT 2018 Registration Fee for General candidates is INR 1900 and INR 1000 for reserved category candidates.
- There is no additional application fee to apply for the 50 management programs offered by the leading 20 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in the country.
- Besides IIMs, other top MBA colleges in the country such as FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IMI New Delhi, JBIMS Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, etc. also accept CAT scores for admitting candidates into the various management programs offered by them.
CAT 2018 Highlights
|Date of Exam||25th November, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||180 Minutes|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% marks in any Bachelors degree.|
|Courses offered||Postgraduate Management courses|
|Minimum cutoff percentile||60 percentile|
CAT 2018 Exam Dates
IIM announces the important dates for CAT 2018. Here are a few important dates for the same:
|Notification released||1st week of August 2018|
|Registration Process||1st week of August 2018|
|Last date for registration||3rd to 4th week of November 2018|
|Application correction||27th – 30th September 2018|
|Admit card release date||25th October – 26th October 2018|
|Mock Test Release||Last week of October 2018|
|Exam date||November 25, 2018|
|Answer key & question paper release||2nd week of December 2018|
|Last date to submit objection||2nd week of December 2018|
|Result announcement||First week of January 2019|
CAT Application Form 2018
- Log onto the official website of Indian Institute of Management https://iimcat.ac.in
- Register yourself with a valid Email ID and Phone number.
- IIM will send the login credentials to the candidates through SMS and email.
- After receiving the login credentials, candidates have to log into the application window and fill up the online application form which is divided into the following areas-
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience
- Selecting IIMs to apply for
- Selecting Test Centres and Interview Cities
- Application fee can be paid by credit card or debit card.
- After completing the application form, click on the PAY option after saving the filled form.
Past year Total Number of Candidates Registered for CAT Exam
|Year||Candidates Registered (In lacs)|
2.31 (231, 067)
CAT Exam Center 2018
The expected list of CAT 2018 Exam Centers is tabulated below:
|Exam State||Exam Cities|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chittoor, Kurnool, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Bihar||Aurangabad, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Palwal, Panipath, Rohtak, Sonipath|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikballapur, Davanagere, Hasan, Kolar, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Ramnagara, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi|
|Kerala||Kasaragod, Kochi, Kollam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Amravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Ratnagiri, Satara, Solapur, Thane|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Ropar, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelvelli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karim Nagar, Khammam|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Noida, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|
CAT Syllabus 2018
|Mathematics or Quantitative Section||Percentages and its applications|
|Ratio and its applications|
|Numbers and its applications|
|Geometry and its applications|
|English or Verbal Section||Grammar|
|Critical Reasoning (and its numerous applications)|
|Analytical Reasoning Section||Blood Relations|
|Clocks and Calendars|
|Data Interpretation Section||Table|
|Line graphs etc|
CAT Preparation Tips:
Follow the below given preparation tips:
- Prepare a proper study plan.
- Try to review all topics which will asked from four section(QA,VA & DILR).
- Select the best study material for preparation.
- Try to solve maximum 10 set of sample papers.
- Try to manage your time table for study various section accordingly.
- Stay healthy.
CAT Cut Off 2018
Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their CAT exam performance vis-a-vis cut-off percentile fixed by every IIM independently.
Minimum percentile is set by every Indian Institute of Management. Here is the minimum percentile cutoff-
|IIM, Ahemdabad||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||80|
|IIM, Banglore||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Economics||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics [PGDBA]||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Finance||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Operations and Information Technology||90|
|IIM, Lucknow||Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management [PGP-ABM]||90|
|IIM, Lucknow||Post Graduate Programme in Sustainable Management||90|
|IIM-BG, Bodhgaya||Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)||90|
|IIM-BG, Bodhgaya||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||90|
|IIM-BG, Bodhgaya||Post Graduate Programme in Human Resources [PGP-HR]||90|
|IIM, Raipur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Raipur||Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)||90|
|IIM, Raipur||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||90|
|IIM, Raipur||Post Graduate Programme in Human Resources [PGP-HR]||90|
|IIM, Kozikode||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Indore||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM] (Communication Studies)||90|
|IIM, Trichy||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIMU, Udaipur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Program in Operations Management [PGP-OM]||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Program in Management (Information Technology)||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Progamme in Public Management and Policy [PGP – PM]||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Programme in Strategic Management||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Programme in Quantitative Methods & Operations Management||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Programme in Economics||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||90|
|IIM, Shillong||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||75|
|IIM, Shillong||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||75|
|IIM, Shillong||Post Graduate Programme in Human Resources [PGP-HR]||75|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management [PGDHRM]||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Economics||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Marketing)||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Operation)||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Management [PGDM] (Finance and Accounting Management)||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Management [PGDM] (Human Resource Management & Organizational Behavior)||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Post Graduate Program in Operations Management [PGP-OM]||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Master of Business Administration [MBA]||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Post Graduate Programme in Human Resources [PGP-HR]||90|
|IIM, Nagpur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Sirmaur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Jammu||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||80|
|IIM, Sambalpur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Amritsar||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|