The Core Technology Group (CTG) is the innovation hub within Informatica that is responsible for delivering an extensible, reliable and scalable platform that provides the solid foundation for all other Informatica products. Specifically, our team focusses on building a high performance and scalable Data Engine that can scale on multi-processor environments as well on a cluster of nodes. The engine is capable of handling batch, request/response and real-time workloads to deliver data for applications.
The Data Engine has been a key constituent of Informaticas Platform and serves multiple products such as Big Data Management, Data Services, Data Quality, Profiling and PowerCenter. Informatica products rely on the Data Engine to fulfill the vision of a Virtual Data Machine which can execute data integration jobs either natively or across execution environments such as relational databases, Hadoop or cloud. You will be a key contributor to Informaticas next generation platform and how it handles the volume, velocity and variety of structured and unstructured data. It could be enterprise and partner data from hosted Cloud services and on-premise deployments or arbitrary data from social web sites and media.
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to work on product development. You will work on delivering new products/product features in an environment that spans all flavors of Unix/Windows operating systems. You will work across multiple product lines and deliver solutions that benefit customer with consistent functionality across multiple products.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking to hire aSenior Software Engineer for the Data Engine team at Informatica who shall be responsible for building and delivering key functionalities in the Data Engine; one who has advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that will allow one to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. One who can communicate effectively with geographically separated team members and drive problems to solution.
- Facilitating the collaboration and engagement between senior members of the team to ensure sound design and implementation of key functionality areas for the product
- Incubating and designing the next generation platform for complex heterogeneous systems and applications involving cutting edge technologies.
- Working closely with architects and development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Taking architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Ensures high quality of all development work; follows development process without guidance, but with reviews.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Takes ownership and responsibility, keeps management well-informed.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team.
- Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions.
- Organizes own activities reliably; during critical time periods, works hard to achieve tasks.
- /M.S./B.Tech/M.Tech/PhD in Computer Science
- 3or more years of server-side software development experience, a portion of which was within an enterprise software company
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, analyzing, optimizing, and troubleshooting systems and system related technology
- Design experience preferably with product engineering background
- Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong programming skills (C/C++/Java) and exposure to multi-threaded development.
- Understanding of Unix/NT systems programming.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Qualities Needed for This Jobs
Senior Software Engineer - Server-side Software Development
Our Team The Core Technology Group (ctg) Is The Innovation Hub Within Informatica That Is Responsible For Delivering An Extensible, Reliable And Scalable Platform That Provides The Solid Foundation F
Looking for Other graduates profile.
Looking for Other graduates profile.