Software products such as Informatica s cater to global market. Building such world class products that can be localized to any specific region or a language would involve incorporating elements of software Internationalization into design and development of the product. Globalization team in Informatica is responsible for end to end globalization of every product in Informatica. For every product, we are responsible for
- Internationalization(i18N) designing applications to adapt to various languages without engineering changes
- Localization(L10N) Adapting internationalized products to specific language by adding locale specific context and translating text
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to deliver world class products that can be localized to any environment across globe. With the development of new products within the company and increasing customer demands of the existing products across new countries, the need to develop next generation of globalized products and localizing them is ever increasing within the company.
Reporting to the Manager of Globalization and based in Bangalore, India, the successful candidate will be a key member of a lean and high impact Globalization who are aligned in several geographically dispersed centers.
- Handle end to end technical activities involved in translating a package and ensure that they are correctly deployed into our products. Identifies the areas that needs to be automated and implements such automation.
- Designs automation frameworks that can be deployed across multiple teams(Dev and QA) automate i18n and l10n activities.
- Lead for Designing, developing, maintaining and execute automated i18n and l10n tests against multiple locales, languages and database environments.
- Take ownership of monitoring and fixing any localization build breaks caused due to translation check-ins.
- Co-ordinate with internal teams including development/QA/Build and external translation vendors for all translation related issues.
- Ensure pseudo translation enablement/disablement and guide core QA on internationalization scenarios.
- Work on Pseudo enabled builds and evaluate the product on how internationalized it is
- Raise Internationalization QA bugs and track them for closure.
- Do a root cause analysis why translation issues were introduced. Work with the Dev Counter to make fixes to current builds and to SDLC to prevent such issues in future builds.
- Co-ordinate and track the vendor localization QA teams for testing the products. Provide technical trainings on the product features in the initial stages.
- Be highly proactive in identifying and resolving any or technical/setup issues with the vendor.
- Own multiple products localization/automation delivery as per the release milestones.
- Coordinate with product management to understand the localization requirements in advance and plan accordingly.
- Provide the required estimates to the higher management to decide on the localization or specific language requirement.
- Sign off the localization quality at the end of the release.
- Assist in customer POCs which are specific to localization
- Technical degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-7 years experience of working in Globalization/localization teams.
- Good programming/scripting skills
- Hands on experience of working with various encoding formats, locales, Unix environment.
- Experience of working on Translation management system.
- Passionate about solving business problems, Innovative, creative and an outside-the-box mindset.
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must possess critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a distributed team
Qualities Needed for This Jobs
Senior Globalization Engineer
Our Team Software Products Such As Informatica S Cater To Global Market. Building Such World Class Products That Can Be Localized To Any Specific Region Or A Language Would Involve Incorporating El
Looking for Other graduates profile.
Looking for Other graduates profile.