A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generales diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Groups entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.
Working within Operations Control team, you will be asked to perform, but not limited to, the following duties:
Following procedures and checklist as defined by Supervisor / Manager.
Roles mainly focus on reconciliations and break resolution.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Geographical span: UK
- Ensuring the timely receipt of both Exchange Files and Sub Ledger Files into the BrokRecs Database
- Ensuring that any issues relating to failed File deliveries are investigated and escalated as part of the team procedures to the Supervisor / Manager accordingly
- Understanding of the detail delivered within the relevant Exchange Files and how these are absorbed into the Reconciliation Processes
- Understanding and adhering to Exchange deadlines and the impact on failing to adhere to these
- Understanding the Products traded on each Exchange in order to articulate breaks to the correct stakeholders for resolution
- Root cause analysis and resolution of underlying manual or failed processes within the Reconciliations Databases
- Understanding the structure of departments for your Stakeholders and the team leads / SME's responsible within those teams for break management resolution
- Recognising and understanding the important role played of the CASS Segregation Regulation within the overall Reconciliation process
- Understanding the criticality of completing one reconciliation before another reconciliation, due to Exchange deadlines and internal stakeholder deadlines
- Completing reconciliations and proving out reasons for differences rather than accepting solutions therefore ensuring reconciliation is accurate
- Completing checklists in a timely manner and performing functions according to procedures.
- Escalating when unsure, being consistent by following procedure, meticulous accuracy and keep Newedge exposure to an absolute minimum. Issues identified should be escalated as per procedure.
- Trade discrepancies have to be followed up in a timely manner, and the continual monitoring of longevity of breaks with a view to escalation where necessary.
- Understanding of impacts on clients and downstream departments, minimizing impact of resolution failures on these groups.
- Additional reasonable tasks as per delegation from Supervisor / Manager.
OPERATIONAL RISK & REGULATORY RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsibility of ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements)
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
- Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the companys conduct, standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements / intranet updates.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your action should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and fully comply with all regulatory requirements and from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
KEY SKILL AREAS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 1 3 years experience in derivative reconciliations.
- Sound knowledge of futures and options and mechanics of back office.
- Understanding of back office processing systems and middleware.
- Experience in reconciling against clearing agents - either affiliates or carrying brokers on non European markets.
- Familiar with common desktop applications such as Microsoft excel, word, Outlook and internet browsers.
- Meticulous, discipline and possess good working attitude.
- Able to handle work pressures and adhered to deadlines.
- Able to work in non-standard working hours.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Keen to learn, inquisitive nature, meticulous and motivated individual.
- Good team skills to work part of growing team and good communication skills.
GOOD TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience of clearing, reconciliations on European exchanges.
- Knowledge of listed derivative system such as Clearvision and GMI.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED:
- Detailed thinker
- Team communicator
- Team spirit
- Decision making
- Self motivation
- Taking ownership
Qualities Needed for This Jobs
Internet, Back Office, Intranet, Excel, Database
Environmenta 100% Owned Subsidiary Of European Banking And Financial Services Major Societe Generale (sg), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (sg Gsc) Came Into Existence In 2000. Established As An Offshore Development Centre In Bangalore, A
Looking for Any Graduate / Post Graduate graduates profile.
Looking for Any Graduate / Post Graduate graduates profile.