The Bank was registered on 1913 and started its formal functioning from 1914. Puttur was the first registered office of the bank subsequently it was shifted to Mangalore. The Bank is having 101 Branches including service Branch spreading over the undivided District of South Canara.
The Bank has given top priority for financing Agricultural sector since inception by taking into consideration various credit needs of the farmers. It is serving farmers by providing timely & adequate finance through the primary Agriculture Societies at the ground level.