Share Us With Others
CPRI (Central Power Research Institute) is the power house of the Indian electrical industry. Take a view for recruitment in CPRI. CPRI functions as a centre for applied research in electrical power engineering assisting the electrical industry in product development and quality assurance. CPRI's governing body includes eminent professionals from industries & utilities, prestigious academic and research institutions & the government. It employs over 300 highly qualified and experienced engineers & scientists besides other supporting staff.
Complete details about application process, educational qualifications, age limit, vacancies and salary for recruitment on various posts in CPRI
Engineer Officer Post
Post Name Assistant Gr. II No of Vacancy 03 Posts Pay Scale Rs.25500-81100 - Post Name Engineering Officer Gr.1 No of Vacancy 09 Posts Pay Scale Rs. 44900-142400 - Educational Qualification For Assistant A University Degree with First class in Commerce Business Administration Business Management with English Typing speed of 30 w.p.m on Computer. For Engineering Officer BE B. Tech in First Class in Electrical Electrical Electronics Engineering with an aggregate minimum of 65 . Age Limit Maximum age limit is 30 years as on 29.01.2018 Job Location Bangalore Karnataka Selection Process Selection will be based on MCQ Test Skill Test Trade Test Document Verification. Application Fee There is no application fee. How to Apply Interested candidates may Apply Online through the website http www.cpri.in......
Post Name Assistant Gr. II No of Vacancy 05 Posts Pay Scale Rs.5200-20200 - Grade Pay Rs.2400 - Post Name Technician Gr.1 No of Vacancy 06 Posts Pay Scale Rs.5200-20200 - Grade Pay Rs.1900 - Post Name MTS Gr. I Watchman No of Vacancy 03 Posts Pay Scale Rs.5200-20200 - Grade Pay Rs.1800 - Educational Qualification For Assistant A University Degree with English Typing Computer with 3 years of post-degree experience in the relevant field. For Technician ITI Trade Certificate Electrician Fitter . For MTS Ex-serviceman preferably with 10th Pass. Age Limit As on 27.02.2017 For Assistant 30 Years For Technician 28 Years For MTS 45 years Job Location All India Selection Process Selection will be based on OMR based Objective type Multiple Choice Questions MCQ test Skill test Interview. Application......
Sr. Research Fellow
Post Name Sr.Research Fellow
No. of Vacancy 04 Posts
Pay Scale Rs.25000 - Per Month Educational Qualification Candidate Should Have Master degree in Environmental Science Computer Science and Applications Agronomy Argo-meteorology Soil Science Bio-chemistry Biotechnology Plant
Pathology Microbiology Food Technology Food Engineering Plant Physiology PlantBio-chemistry Microbiology and allied disciplines with 4 years 5years of Bachelor s degree. Age Limit 35 years for Men 40 years for women Job Location Shimla Himachal Pradesh How to Apply CPRI Vacancy Interested candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with self-attested photocopies of educational qualification Submit to the Asstt. Adm. Officer Estt. -I , CPRI, Shimla-171 001 HP at the time of interview....
Government Job Engineering Officer
Post Name Engineer Officer Gr.3 No of Vacancy 02 Posts Pay Scale 15600-39100 - Grade Pay Rs. 6600 - Post Name Engineer Officer Gr.2 No of Vacancy 02 Posts Pay Scale 15600-39100 - Grade Pay Rs. 5400 - Post Name Engineer Officer Gr.1 No of Vacancy 04 Posts Pay Scale 15600-39100 - Grade Pay Rs. 4600 - Post Name Assistant Gr.II No of Vacancy 03 Posts Pay Scale 5200-20200 - Grade Pay Rs. 2400 - Post Name Assistant Gr.III No of Vacancy 16 Posts Pay Scale 5200-20200 - Grade Pay Rs. 1900 - Educational Qualification For Engineer Officer First Class M.Sc. M. Tech. BE in relevant or equivalent in relevant with relevant experience. For Assistant Degree with English typing with 3 years experience and Matriculation with 30 WPM in English Typing or 25 words in Hindi Typing. Age Limit as on 29.02.2016 For......
CPRI (Central Power Research Institute) was established by the Government of India in 1960 with headquarters in Bangalore. The Institute was re-organized into an autonomous Society in the year 1978 under the aegis of the Ministry of Power, Government of India. The main objective of setting up the Institute is to serve as a national Level laboratory for undertaking applied research in electrical power engineering besides functioning as an independent national testing and certification authority for electrical equipmentand components to ensure reliability in power systems and to innovate and develop new products.
CPRI has been taking programs in various areas of electrical power generation, transmission and distribution in the endeavor to assist utilities to supply reliable, uninterrupted and quality services to the consumers. The broad objectives with the research projects are taken up in CPRI are
- Offering technical advice and trouble shooting.
- Product development and improvement to meet global standards.
- Bridging the gap in testing and developing special testing technologies.
- Large collaborative research projects with utilities and industries.
- Electrical products and process improvement
While some of the programme are undertaken in collaboration with industries and utilities, other are taken up in-house to develop the expertise and infrastructure the power sector. The project proposals are planned well in advance keeping in mind the needs of the industry /utilities and are cleared by the committee on Research.
In CPRI, R&D projects of different dimensions are taken up under 4 schemes namely
- Plan R&D(or Research contingency )
- RSoP(Research Scheme on Power)
- Sponsored projects
- NPP (National perspective Plan projects )
- The performance of the institute in the field of testing and certification during the year 2009-2010 is very good as compared to 2008-2009. A total of 66347 tests on 22256 samples were conducted for 6127 organizations. The revenue realized from testing, certification and consultancy services rendered during this year increased to Rs.9600 lakhs as against Rs.7741 lakhs during 2008-2009.
New Testing Facilities
- IEC61850 protocol conformance testing laboratory
- Mobile field testing laboratory for On-site Accuracy Test and Condition Assessment of EHV Class
- Instrument Transformers
- Setting up 10kA Temperature Rise Test Facility.
- Test Facilities for Air-conditioners and Refrigerator.
- Automation of Tower Testing Station.
- Augmentation of Relay Testing laboratory
- Compression Test on Quadruple Spacer
- Testing 800KV HDVC Tower for M/s. POWERGRID, Gurgaon
- Seismic pushover Test on Prototype RCC Framed structure
- Dynamic Testing of Distance Protection relay P443 for M/S. Areva T & D Ltd., PSP, Chennai.
- Testing of Distance Relays using Real Time Digital simulation for M/s.BGR Energy System Ltd.,
- Testing of Numerical Distance Relays-SEL &OMEGA
- Destruction Test on Power Electronics Capacitors of ratings, 560 F, 3.8 kV DC, was conducted as per IEC 61881-1999 was conducted in the power Capacitors laboratory for the first time which has helped the customer in verifying the design aspects with reference to safety/protection
- For the first time in the country in a 1180 kvar 12 kv shunt capacitor was tested at the power Capacitor Laboratory .This is the highest unit rating (Kvar) tested .
Other important tests
- Under standards and labeling programme of Government of India, CPRI carried out the check testing of BEE star labeled products like refrigerators & TFLss against the work order from M/s BEE, New Delhi.
- M/s BEE has issued work order to CPRI for carrying out second round check testing of Refrigerators,TFL’s and Fans during the year 2010-2011
- Testing of solar lanterns is now undertaken at ECDD.
- Testing of LED lamps as per manufactures specifications is undertaken at ECDD
- ECDD has taken up field and lab evaluation of street light controllers as per manufactures specifications
- Under standards & labeling programme of Government of India, CPRI carried out the check testing of BEE star labeled products like Refrigerators & TFLs.
Consultancy is one of the major activities of the institute. The following are the some of the important consultancy services rendered by the institute in various areas during the year under report[when?]
- BESCOM-DAS Project
- KPTCL–SCADA Project
- Restructured Accelerated Power development Reforms Programme (R-APDRP)
- Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) Project
- Power system studies
- Study of electrical system for changed systems configuration for increased reliability for M/s Burrup Fertilizers Pty Ltd., Australia.
- Power System study and Energy Audit of Reliance Industries Ltd., Hazira.
- Consultancy service for augmenting power distribution network at SAIL-ISP, Burnpur township related area for ISP-SAIL, Burnpur.
- Technical services for power line design with low loss conductor for sterlite private limited.
- Transient simulation studies of 14 MVA and 25 MVA furnace transformer for RSP, Rourkela.
- Testing of load management system controller for Jindal steel plant.
- Testing of composite intelligent load shedding controllers on RTDS for M/s ABB.
- Grounding Studies
- Evaluation of earthing system with INDELEC Compound as filler material.
- Long term measurement of ground resistance of Terec+ compound based Ear thing system
- Condition monitoring and diagnostics of substations and power plants.
- Long term measurement of ground resistance of Curec+ and Curecon compound based Ear thing system
- Performance and energy efficiency
- Consultancy for thermal/hydro power stations
- RLA assignments involving in-situ oxide scale measurements and microstructure replication studies.
- Fibroscopic inspection of LTRH/Economizer coils.
- Crystal size and lattice strain measurements in nano coatings.
- Corrosion mapping of water wall tubes using Low Frequency Electro Magnetic Technique (LFET).
- Residual Life Assessment of penstocks & Hydro turbine components.
- Hydrogen embrittlement in water wall tubes.
- The performance evaluation study of Electrostatic precipitator.
- Characterization and beneficiation of fly ash cenospheres generated at Simhadri thermal power project.
- Pipe & Hangers Inspection and flexibility analysis for high energy pipeline systems for thermal power plants.
- Transmission towers and accessories.
- Vibration & seismic performance.
- The facilities of the Institute are accredited as per ISO/IEC 17025 quality norms and the Institute has acquired international accreditations like Short Circuit Testing Liaison for its global acceptance. Certification of the Institute is gaining acceptance in the countries of Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
- CPRI has its head office in Bangalore and the Institute has six state-of-the-art infra-structure facilities at Bhopal, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Noida, Kolkata and Guwahati.