TESCO PAPER ON 23rd AUGUST 2008
Hi this is kareem.........TESCO is the world,s 3rd largest retail store....its competetor is WALL-MART(ASDA).......I attended the TESCO interview on 23rd and 24rth of august 2008 at cresent eng coll(chennai)....the following is the selection process
2. HR + TECHNICAL (TECHNICAL is dominant here)
3.HR + TECHNICAL ( HR is dominant)
1. GENERAL APPTITUDE: 3 sections
a) verbal------------- fill ups,2 compositions, meanings etc.....(its quite easy)
b) analytical------------ venn diagram,problems on cubes (TOUGHEST PART)etc......( i found this section a little tough)
c) logical--------------- coding and decoding, statements and conclusion, similarities etc (this section was easy
i cleared apps and entered 2nd round.
both HR and TECH was held together..... HR was very easy.... they just asked
*RUSH THROUGH YOUR RESUME
*DO U WANT TO HAVE SNACKS NOW?(......... this is a trap...... so dont agree to consume any snacks in front of HR....i just smiled and said....."THANK YOU MAM FOR YOUROFFER...BUT U MUST BE HUNGRY THAN ME... SO U HAVE IT")
After that a lot of technical questions were asked mainly from......
a) SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
what is software life cycle model?
what is V-model?
concept of OOPS?
what is polymorphism and write a pgm based on it.
c) DATA STRUCTURE
write an algorithm for quick sorting.
d) FEW GENERAL QUESTION
how will you test your product before its launch?
what would you do if your product fails in the market?
i did well and got through to the 3rd round....... in 2nd round its necessary to act like a professional even if you dont know the answer
3) HR+ TECHNICAL (HR dominant)
* Tell me about yourself in brief.
* Your hobbies?
* You were the captain of your football team at school and u have won the competetion for them, how did u manage to do it?( since i had wriiten i was a captain of my school football team and all these in resume the HR asked this question)
* what is OOPS?
* difference b/w function overloading and function overriding?
* Are you willing to relocate to bangalore?
* You want to ask any questions regarding TESCO?