Technical test according to your branch ( 30 questions) (cut off was 33%) - mechanical, electrical , electronics , civil or environmental ( ITS AN ELIMINATION ROUND)
2. Group discussion on topics related to energy , pollution , environment etc. (like nuclear deal , conservation of energy etc.) ( ITS not an ELIMINATION ROUND )
3. Interviev( HR + Technical)...basic Q from your branch of engg. mainly from 3rd and 4th semesters.
WRITTEN TEST (electrical)
It consists of 30 objective questions, these r problematic as well as theory questions. i remembered few questions.
1. In a series RLC circuit Fo is resonace frequency, if LC r doubled wat is new resonace frequency?
2. R=5 ohm, V= 5v, f=200 hz, and given conditions r VL=VC= 2VR , find L=?
3. Comparision between maxwlls and hey bridge.
5. Find R in a balanced bridge network.?
6. Choose right statement among following.
ANS: CT secondary should not open.
7. In a Transfer at no load friction and windage losses r called as ..
(ans : Iron losses)
8. Maximum power transfer through line ..V1= 110 kv, V2= 100kv, X=22 ohm,.
( ANS: 500 mw)
9. Shunt reactor effect on Trans. Line
10. Series capacitor effect on Trans. Line
11. Velocity in distilled water(e= 81)magnetic field intensity find electrical field intensity(I did not remember)
12. Question on pointing vector
13. If a dc machine (p=6;z=some value ;r=some value having lap winding then re winded machine winding as a wave winding find armature resistence?
14.In a Dc series motor having 2 piece of field winding in series if the field winding is re- wounded as two parallel paths then speed of motor (at constant torque)
15. For above rated speed the type of speed controls method (in case of DC motor)?
16. Statements regarding transformer (1.constent flux.2..3..4..)
17. Question on regulation of alternator at zero leading PF
(ans : -50)
18. Question on power transmission in T.line . T.line having 2 generators at either ends A,B.
To reduce the power angle .
ANS: decrease power B and increase power A.
19.regarding relay parameters, settings.(problem)
20. in a synchronous motor if load is increasing then armature current is decreasing then initially machine is operating at what PF?( I AM NOT SURE ..
21.IN slip ring induction motor if the supply is given to rotor and stator is SCted then the speed of motor W.R rotating magnetic field?
22.at what condition syn machine absorbs reactive power ?
23. Question on parallel operation of alternators load sharing?
24. Question on MATCHING TYPE four option are thereregarding ct, relay
25. Question on tie-line transmission line.
(ANS: SAME FREQUENCY)
Package: 4.5 lakh per annum(1 year during training period), and no service bond.. after 1 year 5.5 lacs per annum. scores are given for each round and the final total is done to get total score and the person is selects on the final total score.
As it is well known that india`s energy needs are going to double in the next 6 to 10 years ..so the of power sector is on boom at present and therefore Energy/power companies are recruiting ppl in large numbers now so u have high chance of getting thru.
REL is paying a handsome pay to its recruits.