1. If 2x-y=4 then 6x-3y=?
a) 15 b) 12 c) 18 d) 10
2. If x=y=2z and xyz-256 then what is the value of x?
a) 12 b) 8 c) 16 d) 6
a) 99/1020 b) 99/10 c) 0.9 d) None of the above
4. Pipe A can fill in 20 mints & pipe B in 30 mints & pipe C can empty the same in 40 mints. If all of them work together, find the time taken to fill the tank?
a) 17/7 mints b) 20 mints c) 8 mints d) None of the above
5. Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day. How many hour a day should 40 men work to complete the job ?
a) 8 hours b) 7.5 hours c) 7 hours d) 9 hours
6. Find the smallest number in a GP whose sum is 38 and product 1728?
a) 12 b) 20 c) 8 d) None of these
7. A boat travels 20 kms upstream in 6hrs and 18 kms downstream in 4 hrs. Find the speed of the boat in still water and speed of the water current?
a) 1.5 b) 7/12 c) 5 d) None
8. A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope 7m long. Find the area can graze?
a) 38.5 b) 155 c) 144 d) 19.25
9. The age age of 10 members of a committee is the same as it was 4 year ago, because an old member has been replaced by a young member. Find how much younger is the new member?
a) 40 b) 45 c) 42 d) None
10. The most economical way of going from city A to city B, in terms of toll & distance is to use the:
a) Tunnel b) Bridge c) Bridge or tunnel d) Toll free highway e) Bridge & highway
11. In the given figure PA & PB are tangents to the circle at A & respectively and the chord BC is parallel to tangent PA. If AC=6 cm,& length of the tangent AP is 9cm, then what is the length of the chord BC ?
a) a) 4 cm b) 6 cm c) 10 cm d) 5 cm
b)12. Three cards drawn at a random from an ordinary pack of cards, find the probability that they will consist of a ling, a queen, and an ace?
a) 64/2220 b) 54/2010 c) 64/2210 d) 65/2015
13. A number of cats got together and decided to kill between them 999919 mice. Every cat killed an equal number of mice. Each cat killed more mice than there were cats, how many cats do you think there were?
a) 199 b) 990 c) 919 d) 991
b) 14. If Log2 x- 5 Log x + 6=0, then what would the value/values of x be?
a) e2 or e3 b) e4 or e5 c) e2 or e5 d)e3 or e4
15. A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20 ft. Tall .Each hour; it hops 3ft and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top?
a) 19 hours b) 29 hours c)18 hours d) 17 hours
a) 16. A wizard named Nepo says "I am only three times my son,s age. My father is 40 years more than twice my age. Together the three of us are a mere 1240 years old. How old is Nepo?
a) 360 b) 240 c) 361 d) 341
a) 17. One dog tells the other that there are two dogs in front of me. The other dog also shouts that he had two behind him. How many are they?
a) 2 b) 1 c) 3 d) None
18. A man ate 100 bananas in five days, each day eating 6 more than the previous day how many bananas did he eat on the first day?
a) 8 b) 7 c) 6 d) 5
a) 19. If it takes 5mins to boil one egg, how long it will take to boil four eggs?
a) 5 mints b) 20 mints c) 4 mints d) None
a) 20. The minute hand of the clock overtakes the hour hand at intervals of 64 mints of correct time. How much a day does the clock gain or lose?
a)32 *8/11mins b) 23*11/8mins c) 32 *11/8mins d) 1 hour
21. Three pipes A, B, C are attached to a tank, A& B can fill it in 20 & 30 mints respectively while C can empty it in 15 mints. If A, B, C is kept open successively for 1 min each, how soon will the tank be filled? ()
There are 6 steps that lead from the fast to second floor. No two people can be on the same step Mr. A is two steps below Mr. C & Mr. B is a step next to Mr. D only one step is vacant (No one standing on that step) Denote the first step by step 1 and second step by step 2 etc.
22. If Mr. A is on the first step, which of the following is true?
a) Mr.B is on the second step
b) Mr.C is on the fourth step
c) A person Mr.E, could be on the third step
d) Mr.D is on higher step than Mr. C.
23. If Mr.E was on the third step & Mr.B was on the higher step than Mr.E which step must be vacant?
a) Step 1
b) Step 2
c) Step 3
d) Step 4
e) Step 6
24. If Mr. B was on the step 1, which step could A be on?
a) 2&3 only
b) 3&5 only
c) 3&4 only
d) 4&5 only
e) 2&4 only
25. If there were 2 steps between the step that A was standing & the step that B was standing on, and A was on a higher step than D, A must be on step
26. Which of the following is false ?
i) B& D can be both on odd-numbered steps in one configuration.
ii) In a particular configuration A& C must either both an odd numbered steps or both an even -numbered steps
iii) A person E can be on a step next to vacant step.
a) i only
b) ii only
c) iii only
d) Both i & iii
Six swimmers A, B, C, D, E, F compete in a race. The outcome is as follows.
i) B does not win
ii) Only two swimmers separate E & D
iii) A is behind D & E
iv) B is ahead of E, with one swimmer intervening
v) F is ahead of D
27. Who stood 5th in the race?
a) A b) B c) C d) D e) E
28. How many swimmers separate A& F?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) Cannot be determined
29. The swimmer in between C & E is,
a) None b) F c) D d) B e) A
30. If the end of the race, swimmer D is disqualified by the judges then swimming B finishes in which place?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) 5
31. What will print out?
p2=(Char*) malloc (20);
Printf ("%sn", p2);
a) Empty string b) Name c) String d) 0
32. Java runs on _________________
a) Windows b) Unix/Linux c) Mac d) All of the above
33. What is the difference between an Applet & Application?
a) An application is only available on windows
b) Applets can paint words, application can not
c) Applets are run on the web
d) None of the above
34. What is the main function of any variable?
a) To add numbers together
b) To Keep track of data in the memory of the computer
c) To print words on screen
d) To write Java
35. What is the proper way to declare a variable?
a) Variable name variable type;
b) Variable Name;
c) Variable Type;
d) Variable Type & variable Name;
36. The following statements make "length" be what number?
a) 4 b) 5 c) 6 d) 8
37. What will be the value of "num" after the following statements?
a) 0 b) 1 c) 12 d) 9
38. If you wants your conditional to depend on two conditions BOTH being true, what is the proper notation to put between the two Boolean statements?
a) & b) && c) II d) I
39. Which of the following means that in order for the condition to happen, either X must be less than 3 or must be greater than or equal to 4?
a) If ((x4))
b) If (x=4)
c) If ((x4))
d) If ((x>3) II (y