GENERAL APTITUDE TEST (Time:30 min) SECTION 1:READING COMPREHENSION
(passage of one and half page.)
The question & answers based on this passage were given. There were 5 questions.
You shouldn,t expect the same passage to be given to you but we havw written down the questions to give you a general
view of the type of RC questions that you can expect
1. A reductive cycle is one in which
a. an employer attempts to reduce costs
b. the work-force is gradually reduced in number
c. costs decreases as....
d. there is less productive effort on the part of employees
2. If a substantial number of employees remain the reductive cycle one may assume that
a. the org. is enjoying increased business
b. the personnel dept....
c. the boss is not...
d. there is an unwholessome..
3. The passage indicates that unionisation of a worker...
a. opportunities for the workers realise..
b. opportunities for the workers to ...
c. more please working...
d. greater fringe benifits include
4. According to the author management failures in supervision mainly attributable to
b. a soft-hearted...
d. lack of consideration.
5. Employees will get together to seek an improvement of conditions because of dissatisfaction stemming from
i. social just
iii. moral decadence
a. i only
b. ii only
c. i and ii only
d. i & iii only
SECTION II:QUANTITATIVE AND NUMERICAL ABILITY
6. The monthly personal maintenance allowance for a family of an employee is determined by the average age of family and size of the family. Jacob was drawing rs.570 as PMA after he got married 6 years back.At present he draws Rs 720 as PMA with his family of 3 after the birth of son?
a. 2 years
b. 3 years
c. 4 years
d. 5 years
7. White collar sells a shirt for an amount. Due to off season sale white collar started offering a discount of 20% on tag price. come diwali, white collar offered a further discount of 10% on the reduced price. If i get the shirt for Rs 108 what was the original price?
8. A vertical stick 10-cm long casts a shadow 6 cm long on the ground under similar conditions a tower casts a shadow 10m long determine the height of the tower to the 2nd place of the decimal.
9. In the fig given below ...... which curve rep.the monthly savage(the fig.cannot be recollected by the candidate)
10. Two poles of height 7m and 12m stand on a play ground. If the distance between their feet is 12m,find the distance between their tops.
SECTION III : ANALOGY
11. saint : holiness : : mongol :
12. entomologist : insects : : ornithologist :
a. marine life
c. wild life
13. ostracize : exclude : :
a. war : death
b. shipping : transport
c. war : surrender
d. population : people
14. rain : downpour : : joy :
15. niggardly : generous : : dolorous :
SECTION IV : INTELLIGENCE AND CRITICAL REASONING
16. Which one of the following is venn diagram true.( 4 diagrams are there. )
17. In the given fig. (triangle.square.,circle)...
Direction : (18-20) : In column one are listed certain groups of individual while in column 2 are listedsome of the characteristics against each group of individuals which are common to each member of that group
Coloumn1 Column 2
18. Which characteristcs are found either in ,E, or ,F, or in both but not in ,H,?
19. Which character is common to ,B, & ,C, but is not present in ,H,?
20. Which characteristics are common to ,C, & ,E, but are not present in ,F,?
SECTION V : VERBAL ABILITY
In the following questions mark the option that is nearest to the given word
21. Synonym for quixotic
22. Antonym of recondite
b. easily comprehensive
c. closely juxtaposed
d. broad minded
23. antonym of servile
24. Antonym of tacit
25. Synonym for macabre
SECTION VI : ANALYTICAL ABILITY
26. Fran: i want to stay out of ...
Sid:that,s not true....
a. makes unfair demands on her students
b. only gives grades to a few favoured students
c. never gives out grades of A
For Q27 - 28 A small passage was given.
The answers though are the following
27. The major logical.weakness of the argument above is the fact that
a. it draws meaningful distinction between hands out and subsidies
b. it supports only the subsidy and does not provide the other side view.
c. it draws no meaningful distinction between hands out and subsidies
d. subsidies should not be given
e. none of the above
28. Which of the following persons would be most likely to disagree with the conclusions reached above argument
a. the president..
b. the patenee of a new device designed to make the widget absolute
c. the worker who worked with the patentee
29.- 30 (a small passage )
In a laboratory study,160 rabbits in an experimental group were injected with serum d, while 160 rabbits in a control group were injected with in two weeks, 39% of the experimental group rabbits had contracted jungle fever, a highly contagious and usually fatal disease therefore jungle fever must be caused by some substance similar to the substance
found in serum d
29. The above argument would be most greately strengthened if it were shown that
a. the normal...
b. 40% of ..
d. the blood of jungle fever victims invariably contains a high level of a certain toxic substance also
30. The above argument would be most seriously weakened if it were shown that
a. none of the rabbits in the experimental group had had jungle fever prior to the start of the experiment
b. the rabbits in the experimental group had had jungle fever prior to the start of the experiment.
c. some of the rabbits in the experimental group had had jungle fever prior to the start of the experiment .
d. four of the rabbits had had jungle fever prior to the start of the experiment .
e. one of the rabbits in the experimental group had had jungle fever prior to the start of the experiment
GENERAL TECHNICAL TEST
1) Which of the following language is a functional language
b. Small Talk
2) What is the full form of ATM
a. Automated teller machine
b. All time money
c. Asynchronous transfer mode
d. Active test monitor
3) FDDI is a
a. ring network
b. star network
c. mesh network
d. bus based network
4) Which is pure object oriented language?
c. object pascal
d. Small talk
5) x.25 transfer protocal is used for
a. packet switching
b. circuit switching
6) What is the binary equivalent of decimal 269?
7) The 4NF is for
a. related to Multi-Value Dependency
b. related to transitive dependency
c. related to function dependency
d. non trival function or multi value dependency
8) The LRU algorithm
a. pages out pages that have been used recently
b. pages out pages that have not been used recently
c. pages out pages that have been least used recently
d. pages out the first page in given data
9) A search procedure which assosiates an address with a key value and provides a mechanism for dealing with two or more values assigned to the same address to the same address is called.
a. linear search
b. binary search
c. hash coded search
d. radix search
10) A t-switch is used to
a. control how message are passed between computers
b. echo every character that received
c. transmit characers one at a time
d. rearrange the ....
11) EE-ROM is
a. electricity erasable
b. easily erasable
c. non erasable
d. effective erasable
12) Which device can sense inventory data specified in bar codes?
b. light pen
13) Corba stands for ...
a. common object request broker architecture
b. combined recovery based system
c. code recovery bench architecture
d. none of the above
14) Which is non-procedural language?
c. small talk
15) Which of the following language supports associative arrays?
16) Which network protocol IBM mainframe and midrange support
d. IEEE 802.5
17) The achronym DAN stands for
a. data acess network
b. distributed area network
c. desktop area network
d. disk access node
18) The program fragment that follows is written in a block-structured language . Assume that it is syntactically correct and determine its output
a. 25 27
b. 27 27
c. 27 3
d. 25 3
e. 25 25
19) Which of the following is responsible for coordinating various operations using timing signals?
a. arithmetic-logic unit
b. control unit
c. memory unit
d. input/output unit
20) Microprocessors can be used to make
c. digital systems
d. all the above
21) FORTRAN implimentation do not permit recursion because
a. they use static allocation for variables
b. they use dynamic allocation for variables
c. stacks are not avalible on all machines
d. it is not possible to impliment recursion on all m/c s
22) What does the following code do
var a,b :integer
a. exchange a and b
b. doubles a and stores in b
c. leaves a and b unchanged
23) For program segment given bellow, which of the follwing are true?
type link = ^data
data = record
d : record
n : link
var ptr : link;
ptr ^.d :=5.2
a. the program leads to compile time error
b. the program leads to run time error
c. the program produces error relating to nil pointer dereferencing
d. both b and a
24) What is the output of the program segament below if the compiler operates call byreference?
25) Which of the following is not provided in C?
a. test loops
b. grouping and subprograms
c. synchronization, coroutines,and parallel processing
d. all the above
26) Data encryption
a. is most used by public billboard networks
b. is most used by public financial networks
c. cannot be used by private installation
d. is not necessary ..
27) An ideal compiler should
a. be a smaller in size
b. produce object code that is smaller in size and executes faster
c. take less time of compiling
d. all the above
28) What will be the value of x and y after execution of the following statment ( C language)
n== 5; x = n++; y = --x;
29) For athe following code
4 until i=n
let"A" representtheinitialization(i:=1;sum:=0)of line 1.let"B"represent the summing action within the loop(loop 2),and let "i" represent the increment (line 3).if "T"represents the best contained in line 4,which of the following regular expressions represents all possiblee sequences of the steps taken by this program fragment?
a. A(BIT)(BI) T
D. A(BIT) T
E. A(BIT) T
30) Consider the production grammer
S -> AB
S -> BC
A -> WA
A -> X
B -> Y
B -> ZB
C -> W
Consider this grammer together with one and only one of the productions (A) through(E).what production from the list may not be added to retain its status as an LL(1) grammer?
a. S -> CA
b. S -> Z
c. C -> Z
d. C -> BC
e. More than one of the above
31) Consider the function below:
assuming that the invocation call is "calc(a,b)"and that "a"and "b"are positive integers,what result does this function return?
d. a power b
32) In a left-to-right breadth-first search of the tree below,which would be first terminal node to be explored?
33) Which data structure is needed to convert infix notations to postfix notations?
a. linear list
34) Recursive procedures are implemented by
c. linked lists
35) A linear list of elments in which deletion can be done from one end (front)and insertion can take place only at the other end(rear)is known as
36) A linear list in which elements can be added or removed at either end but not in the middle is known as
37) Which of the following sorting procedure is slowest
a. quick sort
b. heap sort
c. shell sort
d. bubble sort
38) How many 1,s are present in the binary representation of 3 x 512 + 7 x 64 + 5 x 8 =3?
39) File record length
a. should always be fixed
b. should always be variable
c. depends upon the size of the file
d. should be choosen to match the data characteristics
40) NLP stands for
a. natural language processing
b. neuro logic programming
c. normal logic pad
d. nominal loadable process