HELLO FRIENDS THIS IS DHEERAJ ASSUDANI from E.C.
INFOSYS VISITED UIT - RGPV FIRST ACROSS INDIA FOR ITS 2009 CAMPUS RECRUITMENT
There are generally 2 phases (1) Written round (2) H.R.
The Written test consists of 2 sections.
1) Logical Reasoning (30 qs in 40 min)
2) Verbal Ability(40 quest in 35 min)
Logical section consists of 6 subsections of 5 questions each.
Q1-5) (Puzzel test) the avg of 11 prime no,s less than 45 is also a prime no..
i. Find the avg?
ii. Which is the min prime no?
iii.Which is the second min no?
iv.Which is the max no?
v. How many no r der greater than 20?
Q6-10 there were problems on figure where 2 figs implies each other & the 3rd fig is given & u need to find the fig which implies it (Do mirror img and water img chapters from R.S. Aggarwal verbal & non verbal)
Q11-15) 5 prob based on data sufficiency. This consists of a question followed by two statements containing facts providing clues to solve that quest. We r suppose to find out which statement is/are sufficient to solve ans the quest.
E.g. what is the avg score of class?
I. There are 26 students in the class.
II. Every student scores in AP with 2 as lowest score
Q16-20) Data interpretation problems. (Little time consuming but easy one. Ref R.S.Aggarwal Quant)
Q21-25) A critical Reasoning Problem like
Ann, Boobie, Cathy and Dave are at their monthly business meeting. Their occupations are author, biologist, chemist and doctor, but not necessarily in that order. Dave just told the biologist that Cathy was on her way with doughnuts. Ann is sitting across from the doctor and next to the chemist. The doctor was thinking that Boobie was a goofy name for parent,s to choose,but didn,t say anything. What is each person,s occupation?
Ans: Since Dave spoke to the biologist and Ann sat next to the chemist and across the doctor, Cathy must be the author and Ann the biologist. The doctor didn,t speak, but David did, so Bobbie is the doctor and Dave the chemist.
(Now u must have identified all facts) just ans qs asked
Q26-30) Prob based on syllogism. (Ref R.S. Aggarwal verbal & non-verabal Logic chapter)
e.g. A. all refils are nibs
B. all nibs r pens
C. no pens r pencils
D. no pencils r nobs
E. all reffils r pens
1.ABC 2.BCD 3.BCE 4.ABE 5.ACD
Section-2 Verbal Ability
This section consists of:
1) Two RC,s, a very big one and time consuming so attempt them at the end. (refer BARONS GRE )
2) Replace an underlined sentence with another one which is of the same meaning from the given 4 alternatives.
3) Fill in the blank with correct alternative. (REFER ANY GRAMMAR BOOK HAVING TENSES )
4) Deriving conclusion from small passages.
5) Select the correct statement from the set of 4 statements. One is correct and some r with little grammatical mistake. . (REFER ANY GRAMMAR BOOK HAVING TENSES )
(2) H.R. ROUND
Once u clear written Round interview is just a formalty . they ask some basic puzzles like
1. You are given two candles of equal size, which can burn 1 hour each. You have
to measure 90 minutes with these candles. (There is no scale or clock). Also u r
given a lighter.
Ans: 1. First light up the two ends of the 1st candle. When it will burn out light up
one end of the second candle. (30+60=90)
2. Try the similar problem to measure 45 minutes.
Ans: First light-up the two ends of the 1st candle and one end of the 2nd candle.
When the 1st candle will burn out ,then light up the both ends of the 2nd candle
3. You r given a thermometer. What can u do by this without measuring the
4. How it is possible to place four points that are equidistance from each other?
U r a landscape designer and your boss asked u to design a landscape such
that you should place 4 trees equidistance from each other.
(Distance from each tree to the other must be same)
Ans: Only 3 points can be equidistant from each other. But if u place points in the
shape of a pyramid then its possible
5. You are given a cake; one of its corner is broken. How will u cut the rest into
Two equal parts?
Ans: Slice the cake
6. How will you recognize the magnet & magnetic material & non-magnetic material?
Ans: Drag one piece of material over another. There is no attractive force in the
middle portion of the magnet.
Get a piece of thread and tie up with the one bar and check for poles. If it iron bar
then it moves freely and if it is magnetic bar then it fix in one direction according to
7. If one tyre of a car suddenly gets stolen.... and after sometime u find the tyre
without the screws how will u make ur journey complete?
Ans: Open 3 screws, 1 from each tyre and fix the tyre.
8. How can u measure a room height using a thermometer?
Ans: temp varies with height. but its dependent on various other factors like
humidity, wind etc.
9. What is the height of room if after entering the room with a watch ur head
strikes a hanging bulb?
Ans: Oscillate the hanging bulb. Calculate the time period for one complete
oscillation by Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM) of the handing bulb. Put it in the
formula T=2 * 3.14 * (L/G)^1/2
L will be the length of the hanging thread.
Add the L with ur height to get the height of the room.
10. Color of bear.... if it falls from 1m height in 1s.
Ans: We get ,g, perfect 10 which is only in poles...hence polar bear...color White
11. How will you measure height of building when you are at the top of the building?
And if you have stone with you.
Ans: Drop the stone and find the time taken for the stone to reach the ground. find
height using the formula
s = gt*t/2 ( s = height, a= initial velocity=0, g=9.8m/s, t = time taken)
12. How wud u THROW and CATCH a ball in same direction? (Dropping is from north
And receiving from bottom not accepted, as it is 2 directions)
13. 25 statements given. Some tell truth, some false and some alternators. Find out
the true statements.
14. Can u make 120 with 5 zeros?
Ans: Factorial (factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)) =
15.There are three people A, B, C. Liars are of same type and Truth speaking people
are of same type. Find out who is speaking truth and who is speaking false from the
a) A says: B is a liar.
b) B says: A and C are of same type.
Ans: lets assume A is speaking truth. It means B is a liar then it means A and C are
not of same type.
16.5 swimmers A, B, C, E, F and many conditions of their positions like there are
Two b/w A & F, B doesn,t win etc the question was to find who was b/w like E & D?
17. in a race u drove 1st lap with 40kmph and in the second lap at what speed u
must drive so that ur average speed must be 80kmph.
18. You have to draw 3 concentric circles with a line passing thru their center
without lifting hand.
Ans: Start the line complete one circle move inside circles along the line and then
draw second circle. Like wise rest.
19. A rectangular paper is there. At a corner a rectangular size paper is taken from
it. Now you have to cut the remaining paper into two equal halves.
Ans: try it on the paper. You must fold the part that has complete paper and select
Half of it and then fold the part that cut and selects half of it and then cut along
20. Value of (x-a)(x-b).....(x-z)
21. There are 9 coins. 8 are of 1 gm and 1 is of 2 grams. How will you find out the
heavier coin in minimum number of weighing and how many weighing it will need?
Ans: 2 weighing ( Divide the number of coins into 3 parts at each weighing)
Sir : tell me about ur biggest achievement?
Dheeraj: I told
Sir : are u any Olympiad winner ?
Dheeraj: yes sir mathematics Olympiad
Sir : Tell me about ur presntations & prove any commercial apps of wearable computing within this room in a minute ?
Dheeraj: I proved , he was impressed
Sir : any QUESTION for me ?
Dheeraj : I have 1 more year to complete my course what do u expect me to do in this 1 year to fit in to your organization
Speak very polite and be confident in the interview. Don,t try answering the question that you really don,t know. Be very careful with the resumes keep it as simple as you can.
Three suggestions from my side for an interview
1 don,t bluff
2. for God,s sake don,t bluff.
3 for your own sake don,t bluff
ALL THE VERY BEST. MEET YOU IN INFOSYS
DHEERAJ ASSUDANI (UIT - RGPV)